Best way to listen to BP audiobooks?

Best way to listen to BP audiobooks?

Rental Property Investor · Greater Boston Area · Member since 2018 · 258 posts · 105 votes

Hey everyone,

I am having a hard time finding a good way to listen to the BP audiobooks that come in the Ultimate Packages on my iPhone while commuting in my car. Usually, I listen to my audiobooks through the Audible app, but since the BP audiobooks from the Ultimate Packages just come as a downloadable audio file, that isn't possible. I can open the file on my phone and play it, but it doesn't remember where I left off the next time I get in my car, which means I have to try and remember - and I never can.

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution? If so, what do you all do? 

Robert

3Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2018 · 156 posts · 529 votes
7y

Hey all! @Robert Leonard @Joseph Holliway

You can download audiobooks via media library (like iTunes). More detailed instructions are as follows:

Instructions for iPhone

1. Download audiobook mp3 files to a desktop or laptop computer.

2. Make sure that iTunes is downloaded to both your computer and your mobile device. When you click the mp3 files on your computer, they should automatically open to iTunes. If not, right-click and select “Open With” > iTunes.

3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi.

4. iTunes should automatically prompt you to sync. If not, you can sync manually by selecting File > Devices > Sync.

Instructions for Andriod

1. Download audiobook mp3 files to a desktop or laptop computer.

2. If your phone screen is locked, unlock your screen.

3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.

4. If on Windows, locate mp3 files on your computer and drag them into your device's Music folder.

5. If on Mac, download and install Android File Transfer. Locate mp3 files on your computer and drag them into your device's Music folder in Android File Transfer.

We understand that this is a lot of work, so we are currently working on an audiobook fix that should be released soon! Here's a sneak peek, as implemented with the new BRRRR audiobook:

There will be an on-site audio player for all purchased audiobooks, found on the same page as your other bonus content. This player will work on desktop as well as the mobile version of the website.

The audiobook player will be released as soon as possible for all books. I hope this helps!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    I am having the same issues, but I cannot play it on my phone at all. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Boston Area · Member since 2018 · 258 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    @Brandon Turner or @Mindy Jensen - Do either of you happen to have any guidance? Thank you.

    Robert Leonard

  • Rental Property Investor · Norman, OK · Member since 2018 · 156 posts · 529 votes
    7y

    Hey all! @Robert Leonard @Joseph Holliway

    You can download audiobooks via media library (like iTunes). More detailed instructions are as follows:

    Instructions for iPhone

    1. Download audiobook mp3 files to a desktop or laptop computer.

    2. Make sure that iTunes is downloaded to both your computer and your mobile device. When you click the mp3 files on your computer, they should automatically open to iTunes. If not, right-click and select “Open With” > iTunes.

    3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable or Wi-Fi.

    4. iTunes should automatically prompt you to sync. If not, you can sync manually by selecting File > Devices > Sync.

    Instructions for Andriod

    1. Download audiobook mp3 files to a desktop or laptop computer.

    2. If your phone screen is locked, unlock your screen.

    3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.

    4. If on Windows, locate mp3 files on your computer and drag them into your device's Music folder.

    5. If on Mac, download and install Android File Transfer. Locate mp3 files on your computer and drag them into your device's Music folder in Android File Transfer.

    We understand that this is a lot of work, so we are currently working on an audiobook fix that should be released soon! Here's a sneak peek, as implemented with the new BRRRR audiobook:

    There will be an on-site audio player for all purchased audiobooks, found on the same page as your other bonus content. This player will work on desktop as well as the mobile version of the website.

    The audiobook player will be released as soon as possible for all books. I hope this helps!

  • Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Kaylee Walterbach Thank you. I will try it when I get one in a few days. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Boston Area · Member since 2018 · 258 posts · 105 votes
    7y
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    In addition to what @Kaylee Pratt said, I like to have iTunes change the “audio type” of the file to audiobook. That way it opens in the Book app on your iPhone and you can speed up the playback. Here are the instructions. It’s really easy.

    https://www.epubor.com/convert-mp3-to-audiobook.html

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Boston Area · Member since 2018 · 258 posts · 105 votes
    7y

    @Mark Rocka Oooh, that sounds more like what I'm looking for - I will have to check that out! Thanks!

    Robert Leonard

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 43 votes
    6y

    @Robert Leonard@Joseph Holliway@Kaylee Walterbach @Brandon Turner @Mindy Jensen

    For Android users wanting to listen to MP3 audio files at a faster speed...

    Take a look at Podcast Addict.

    It's perfect for BP audiobooks and BP conference audio files. Also, you can download MP3 audio files from many educational courses.

    With Podcast Addict, in seconds you can create a "virtual podcast" for each audiobook or educational course. The virtual podcasts show up alongside the rest of your podcasts. It's easy to switch back and forth, if you want a change, and you never lose your place. You can rewind or fast forward with precision. And, best of all, playback speed is completely adjustable...up to 5x! (2x is fast enough for me!)

    Another really nice feature of Podcast Addict is you can filter podcast episodes by 'recent', 'not downloaded', 'downloaded', 'playback in progress', or 'already played'. Makes it easy to go back and catch the episodes you've missed. 

    How to PlayMP3 Audio Tracks in Podcast Addict:
    1) Press the "+" button to add a podcast.
    2) Press the "Audio Book" icon to create a "virtual podcast".
    3) Navigate to the folder where the audiobook MP3 files are located.
    4) Listen to MP3-format audio tracks at faster speed!

    I am not in any way affiliated with Podcast Addict. I'm just excited to have finally found a solution to the frustration of trying to play audio files with an MP3 player, but lacking precise navigational controls. Or finally finding an audiobook player (MortPlayer) with good controls, but be forced to listen to hours and hours of content at a snail's pace.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater Boston Area · Member since 2018 · 258 posts · 105 votes
    6y

    Thanks, @Kevin Grove!

    Robert Leonard

  • Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Hello, most of these posts are from 2 years ago and I'm still having the same problem on my Android phone. I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack but you know what, you need to cater to the masses here

     if you want this to be usable. Right now I've wasted more time than I care to think about and I'm really just want a refund

  • Investor · Fairfield CT · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    There has to be an easier way. Can you just release the books on Audible when they come out?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.