Young investor in Maine looking for new relationships!

Young investor in Maine looking for new relationships!

Contractor · ME (maine) · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hey everybody, I’m a beginner based out of Maine. I’ve been obsessed with investing since I was a teen and am now taking the jump! For the past few years I’ve been learning the ins and out of construction. I’ve gone from a frame carpenter, to owning a window installation business, and am now a handyman. The goal being to fully understand costs from the construction side. Now that I’ve grasped it, I’ve began wholesaling. I’m looking for investor connection to build local relationships, as well as to give insight on my first contract! I’m very excited for this next chapter. Leave a story of your investment beginnings below, or just say “hey”! Much love to you all!

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
11mo

Wholesaling is not the answer. Your attitude is great and getting to work as a handyman and getting that experience is even better. Wholesaling in Maine is going to be tough. Why would someone "sell" to you now? Who is on your buyer's list? What is your funding to hold the deal? Have you found local real estate meetups? If there aren't any close, have you thought about starting one instead of wholesaling? Too many people your age is lured by wholesaling, but 99 percent on wholesaler fail and can ruin seller's hopes along the way. Some succeed, but no one should be wholesaling without more experience because honestly, what business do you have "holding" someone's home in limbo while you scratch for a buyer? I hope that helps.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11mo

    Wholesaling is not the answer. Your attitude is great and getting to work as a handyman and getting that experience is even better. Wholesaling in Maine is going to be tough. Why would someone "sell" to you now? Who is on your buyer's list? What is your funding to hold the deal? Have you found local real estate meetups? If there aren't any close, have you thought about starting one instead of wholesaling? Too many people your age is lured by wholesaling, but 99 percent on wholesaler fail and can ruin seller's hopes along the way. Some succeed, but no one should be wholesaling without more experience because honestly, what business do you have "holding" someone's home in limbo while you scratch for a buyer? I hope that helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waterville Maine · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 11 votes
    11mo

    Hey Brady,

    Congrats and good to seeing such a strong start, good to see another Mainer joining the real estate investor community..  Jonathan's concerns are very real. If you are determined on becoming a wholesaler consider stripping out all preconceived negative stereotypes from your business practice. Think about how to add value to the transaction and make sure that it's a fluid process. (maybe you build a good group of buyers, or you are your own client to start). Also consider being as up front as possible, and let sellers know that you sell convenience.

    feel free to pm me if you just want to chat!

  • Patrick McCannPro Member
    Realtor · NH · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 59 votes
    11mo

    Hi Brady, which area of Maine are you interested in? It's a very large state as you know.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.