Property Manager in Twin Cities (Minneapolis / St. Paul), Minnesota?

Property Manager in Twin Cities (Minneapolis / St. Paul), Minnesota?

Involved In Real Estate · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote

Hey all,

     My property manager informed me that she's resigning - effective November 1st.  Yikes! 

     I have 10 units in the Twin Cities that will need management.  We have a combination of duplexes, townhomes, and a condo - scattered around the Twin Cities metro area.

     Any recommendations?

Thanks a million!

- Tim

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 98 posts · 58 votes
12y

Tim,

I would recommend Brian Weedman. Brian holds and MBA and was an engineer by trade prior to going fulltime as a real estate manager. He personally owns several SFR in the Lak Harriet/Calhoun area along with some MF in the Uptown area.

Lifecycle Real Estate Services, his Brokerage manages sfr, condo, and mf. I partnered with him for a few short years when I was getting started in property management. Give him a call and let him know I sent you- he will put together a management plan for you and leave you to make the decision. www.BrianWeedman.com 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 98 posts · 58 votes
    12y

    Tim,

    I would recommend Brian Weedman. Brian holds and MBA and was an engineer by trade prior to going fulltime as a real estate manager. He personally owns several SFR in the Lak Harriet/Calhoun area along with some MF in the Uptown area.

    Lifecycle Real Estate Services, his Brokerage manages sfr, condo, and mf. I partnered with him for a few short years when I was getting started in property management. Give him a call and let him know I sent you- he will put together a management plan for you and leave you to make the decision. www.BrianWeedman.com 

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 6 votes
    12y
    I've used Deuth Property Management for my rentals in St. Paul. Honest guys who run a good business. They also manage my folks' properties as well. My properties in uptown and NE-- I self manage. Two others that are highly reputable-- -Marty Morgan in St. Anthony - guardian Property Management -- Jennifer Olson spadine. Good luck!
  • Involved In Real Estate · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thank you so much, guys.  I really appreciate it!

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hey All,

     I am following this thread because my current property manager hasn't been doing the best job. Also curious if anyone has rehab contractor recommendations?

     I have some work waiting to get done.

    cheers.

  • Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    @Tim Kindem have you thought about being your own PM? 

    Contact @JohnStiles with Urban Enterprises

    Great PM's are hard to find.

    Best of luck to you!!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hey Bryan K,

    As a full time real estate agent, I have dabbled in property management ... but I find that I am WAY too nice ... and it eats up time I need to devote to my real estate sales business.

    Totally wild that you mentioned John Stiles, by the way - I've already been in touch with him!  He seems fantastic.  However, my investor partner wants to have more than one property manager, because he doesn't like having all of our eggs in one basket (especially after we tried having them all with one gal, and she flaked out ... ).

    Personally, I like the idea of just one ... so hopefully someone on this list - maybe John, who is going to start managing at least one of our properties - will impress enough to get the whole lot of them.

    Thanks for all the info!

    - Tim

  • Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    Hey @Tim Kindem   I get the time management and PM affecting other parts of your business. 

    I agree having one great PM is better than having two good ones. Do let me know how things go though.

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2012 · 161 posts · 27 votes
    12y

    Hello Tim, 

    I would recommend Trevor Throntveit as your property manager. He is a very intelligent individual that owns and manages a large portfolio in the Twin Cities area. I would contact him and see if you think he would be a good match to manage your properties. 

    http://www.exitrealty.com/agent_detail.aspx?agenti...

    Best of luck, 

    Sawyer 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.