Metro detroit real estate lawyer recommendation

Metro detroit real estate lawyer recommendation

Real Estate Investor · Berkley, MI · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 14 votes

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few recommendations on a great real estate lawyer. I plan on buying property in the Metro Detroit area (possibly including Detroit itself) and I'd like someone who is experienced with dealing with investment property, leases and so on. 

Also, do I even need a lawyer if I'm just buying regular single family homes and condos? Bear in mind I know very little about real estate law.

Thanks,

James

1Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @James De Silva:

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for a few recommendations on a great real estate lawyer. I plan on buying property in the Metro Detroit area (possibly including Detroit itself) and I'd like someone who is experienced with dealing with investment property, leases and so on. 

    Also, do I even need a lawyer if I'm just buying regular single family homes and condos? Bear in mind I know very little about real estate law.

    Thanks,

    James

    James, whether you need a real estate lawyer or not depends on what you would like to achieve. If you want to set up your own purchasing agreements (especially commercial) or leases, etc. I would get a real estate attorney involved.

    In my experience, if you buy residential properties using an experienced agent (i.e., standardized sales contracts), requiring a warranty deed, and get title insurance you should be pretty secure. However, if you buy directly from a private party using a quitclaim deed, or even special warranty deeds (e.g., foreclosures etc.) I would get the contract written/reviewed by an attorney. 

    If you need any recommendations, please pm me.

    Data not guaranteed. Verify independently. All warranties, expressed or implied, disclaimed.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.