What Are The Best Golf Retirement Communities In The U.S.?

What Are The Best Golf Retirement Communities In The U.S.?

Involved In Real Estate · Saint George, UT · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote

As a Realtor that moved from the Monterey Peninsula to St. George Utah – I’ve witnessed firsthand, the full spectrum of price per square foot on golf course real estate. When I left the Monterey Peninsula in 2002, your average golf home was starting somewhere around $1,200 per square foot (per. sq. ft.). Conversely, our  currently run anywhere in the neighborhood of $120 per sq. ft., to $300 per sq. ft., based on amenities, upgrades and location.

My question is this, aside from Southern Utah, what other areas around the United States offers a reasonable cost of living index and an abundance of inexpensive golf courses? 

The reason I ask is this – as everyone knows, information is King. And if  Southern Utah isn't the right fit for any of my potential buyers,  I would like to know where to refer to them based on affordability and abundance of options. 

P.S. any Realtor with access to their local MLS system that would like do some reciprocal MLS link swapping please feel free to email me so that we can arrange this  mutually beneficial arrangement.

0Reply
27 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Alex Yeager 

    I would check into St Augustine FL very nice historic downtown area, thee is the golfing hall of fame there and of course a good amount of courses. Also close to Jacksonville and Orlando FL. 

  • Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Don't forget Myrtle Beach, SC, it has something like 100 golf courses, and 50 are 4 star or better.  I seem to remember that I once heard that there are more there than any place in the country?

  • Investor · Franklin, TN · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Check out The Villages in Central Florida.

    http://www.thevillages.com/

    Residents can play free golf for life.

    This year, Forbes ranked The Villages as the number one fastest-growing small city in the United States.

  • Engineer · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 182 posts · 66 votes
    11y

    I have to echo what Andrew said.  North Florida (Jacksonville/St. Augustine) is an ideal area for retirees.  Well over a hundred golf courses ranging from muni courses to TPC Sawgrass, and everything in between.  Not only is the Golf Hall of Fame here, it's the PGA Headquarters.  Nocatee is the third fastest growing community in the country, and has active adult communities and amenities.

    Overall cost of living index is a 98, housing is 80 and health care is 93.  We also have the Mayo Clinic and an NFL team.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.