Question about Real Estate Broker exclusivity in Ulster county NY

Question about Real Estate Broker exclusivity in Ulster county NY

Investor · Long Island City, NY · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 1 vote

Hello!

This is my first post in the forums!

I've been listening to the podcasts and loving it.

I've been looking at multi family investments in ulster county, NY and I've seen 4 houses with a broker. he is now asking me to sign an exclusive right to represent me... any thoughts on that?
I dont have enough experience with him to know how efficient he is but he seemed nice and professional. 
any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Zach

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Broker, Investor, Wholesaler · Kingston, NY · Member since 2010 · 71 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Hi Zach,

    It's typical thing to request.  Buyers agents out in a lot of work, and what they do is more than just schedule appts.  

    If you like his work, then entering into the agreement should not be an issue.  You can always check/change the exit clause if exclusivity is an issue.

    Hoe those two cents help.

    Very truly yours,

    Cree

  • Investor · Long Island City, NY · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    thank you cree, yes it does help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.