Panama City FL Market Health

Panama City FL Market Health

Investor · Destin, FL · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 2 votes
Hello BP! I have found some enticing property in the Panama City area. I have exclusively invested in Destin and Fort Walton Beach to date. This seems to be a good deal but I want to pick your brains about that market area. The property I am looking at is a multi family and the plan is a long term hold. What are your thoughts on Panama City for multi family? How healthy is the market there? How does the wealth of the city effect RE investments there? Is it more of a A, B, C, or D location as a whole? How does Tyndall effect the local real estate market? Do you see any looming problems for the area? Any other thoughts on the matter? Thank you! Micah
0Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Panama City, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 22 votes
9y

@John Rutherford Feel free to message me- I am a local here in Panama City and focus primarily on multifamily for our long term investments. We just closed on a 12 unit and are negotiating on another 10 unit- great deals can be found here however I have found most of the good ones off of the MLS.

-Cain McNeil 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Leander, TX · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 402 votes
    9y
  • Investor · Destin, FL · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Thank you for the info. I will check those sites out!
  • Specialist · Panama City, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    @John Rutherford Feel free to message me- I am a local here in Panama City and focus primarily on multifamily for our long term investments. We just closed on a 12 unit and are negotiating on another 10 unit- great deals can be found here however I have found most of the good ones off of the MLS.

    -Cain McNeil 

  • Realtor · 30 A, FL · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hello @John Rutherford I see you were looking to invest in Panama City. I am a local wholesaler and if you are still interested in the the market here just let me know and I can let you know any deals I have. 

  • Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Rotem , i am form Israel .

    i am part of a group who buys houses for fix and flip/buy anf hold , we haven't done a deal in Panama city yet , we just enter the market ...

    We are currently conducting research to find the exact areas to focus on, 

    What is the situation in the market after the storm?

    Do you have any Recommendations ?

    for 1000 SQF, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, ARV 150-200 .

    Looking to establish a local team, we will be happy to cooperate and receive information

    start with which areas to focus on the light of our requirements?

    We look forward to any information you can share

    Thanks in advance

    All the best

    Regards

    Rotem

  • Real Estate Broker · Panama City, FL · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Rotem Ovadia why 3bedroom /1bathroom Properties? They exist but will be concentrated in older communities. The storm has caused wide spread damage but you really have to drill down to each individual property. Some homes with new roofs faired pretty well while the neighbors home could be a total loss. “Generally” speaking The areas with 3/1 homes would tend to be more established and older home would anticipate more damage due to the building codes etc when constructed. What are you trying to accomplish with your investing in this area?

  • Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Kevin Wattenbarger 

    Thank you for your response.

    We want to help rebuild the area after the storm, and of course like any other investor to make money.

    After research we are looking for properties in Zip codes 32405, 32404, 32407, 32408, 32444.

    We will be happy to cooperate, we are looking for fix & flip and also to buy, renovate and hold in other areas

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · CA · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Justin Waters Hey Justin, I’m looking into getting into the Panama City area. Currently invest in most western parts of the panhandle but would love to expand our markets. Please send me a message on the best way to contact you. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hey @Justin Waters, hopeful we can connect as I saw you wholesale in Panama City. I'm I'm Atlanta and currently investing in Okaloosa and Escambia county. Let me know the best way for us to connect.

  • Investor · Panama City, FL · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    @Justin Waters if you could please included me in your list of buyers for the panama city area that would be great

  • Rental Property Investor · Clayton, GA · Member since 2020 · 185 posts · 152 votes
    5y

    @Justin Waters would also like to get on your list. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.