Seeking recommendations for a real estate attorney in Phoenix AZ

Seeking recommendations for a real estate attorney in Phoenix AZ

Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 2 votes
I recently purchased another house and will rent out my current house. So I'm looking for an attorney in Phoenix preferably in the west valley, to create a lease agreement and to ensure I'm doing everything legally as this is my first rental property. Thank you,
0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 640 posts · 457 votes
    8y

    @David Honeycutt it's probably overkill to speak with an attorney for a single family rental. You can familiarize yourself with the AZ Landlord Tenant Act here. 

    I purchased my lease agreement from a local law firm called Casler Law Office. He does offer a pay by the minute legal helpline that I've used in the past when I just had a couple quick landlord questions I needed answered. 

    Here is a link to his lease purchase page. You'll want the $139 package that comes with editable PDF and Word versions. This includes his AZ lease and ALL ancillary documents you might need as a landlord (all notices, terminations, addenda etc). Most importantly, the package comes with a 19 page instruction PDF that walks you step-by-step through his lease to make sure you're using it correctly and following AZ law. 

    I'm just a customer/user of this law firm's products, but have no financial or other arrangement with them. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 167 posts · 127 votes
    8y

    @David Honeycutt You may also want to check out doctorevictor.com.  They are local landlord / tenant attorneys.  @Ryan Swan that's a great resource, thanks for sharing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.