Distance investor looking to network in Richmond/central VA

Distance investor looking to network in Richmond/central VA

San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Hi Everyone, I currently live in San Diego, CA and I am looking to do my first deal as a buy and hold rental in my hometown of Richmond. I’m working with my brother who is local and preparing to get his agent’s license. Since I will be working at a distance, I’ll need to work on getting a great team together. If anyone knows of which neighborgoods are up and coming (its been 5+ years since I’ve been back) I would love to have a discussion as well. Any help is appreciated!
0Reply
9 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 184 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    Hi Alexa, the zip codes 23223 (Church Hill), 23224 (Manchester/south side), and 23222 (Northside) are really hot in Richmond right now. Do you have a buying criteria you're going after?

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Gabrielle E. Hi Gabrielle! I’m focusing on primarily small SFHs or condos/townhouses that don’t require an insane HOA fee (less than 200/mo), that require a little work but not a full gutting. My price range is in sub 100k or low 100k if the rent and tenant pool will support day one cash flow.
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed the wholesaler network here will serve you well.  Might want to check out a few of the REIAs (and/or have your brother do the same)

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Taylor L. Great, thanks for the tip! Is it feasible to network within a local REIA if I can’t physically be there?
  • Adrian StamerPro Member
    Real Estate Investor & Agent · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 319 posts · 167 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    @Taylor L. Great, thanks for the tip! Is it feasible to network within a local REIA if I can’t physically be there?

     I would rely on your brother for that... lots of local investors on BP though too

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.