Than Merrill--Anyone familiar?

Than Merrill--Anyone familiar?

Brentwood, NY · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 6 votes

So I will be attending a 2hr seminar this Saturday on Long Island in Hauppague. Its a free 2hr seminar on real estate. I am curious if anyone in the community has attended one of his seminars and is familiar with him. 

I am just getting my feet wet in this very different world so I would love some insight. Thanks in advance. 

0Reply
102 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y

I will always be indebted to Than Merrill because after attending his free 2-hour seminar I Googled 'Than Merrill scam' and found Bigger Pockets. And the rest is history. 

There's nothing wrong with going and spending 2 hours there because there's some interesting information  but I would recommend NOT spending a cent on his other programs as you can learn everything for free on Bigger Pockets and use the money on toward a RE deal. 

However, if you're in sales or marketing I would recommend going because it's amazing (yet truly saddening) to witness people running to the back to drop money on his programs. They seem so hopeful and looking back of it I wonder how many of them actually purchased an investment property. 

They hype it up so much and the people at the back of the room likely silently judged me and others made for the exit with our wallets intact. My feeling was if they lied about Than Merrill being there (they even claimed he'd show up after we'd arrived for the free learning) then why would I fork over money (to them) for a program?

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I actually attended one a few weeks ago. Its just trying to get you to pay the $200 for a 3 day weekend. That weekend had a few good points but you can get all the same info through the BP podcasts. They'll also try and sell you on "their" training and charge you $25K-$40K. Not worth it if you ask me. I didn't even go back for the 3rd day. Two days that lasted 10+ hours each was more than enough for me.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    David M. – Nice to meet you.

    I’m Paul Esajian and I just wanted to introduce myself as I am business partners with Than.

    If you, or anyone for that matter, has questions about our workshop please feel free to reach out to me personally as I am happy to answer them.

    Obviously, I am one of the owners of the company so of course my opinion is biased. However, I do think you will find the workshop to be of value as we cover a lot throughout the course of three days.

    We do spend some time at the workshop discussing how our coaching and consulting can be of value to your real estate investing business long-term.

    However, if it doesn’t interest you I totally understand.

    I would never claim that our program is the cheapest or the only way to get educated. Many people will recommend trying to piece together information from different places to try and save money.

    This is definitely a cheaper route and will be slower for most people, but also not the most structured way of learning or building a systems dependent business in my opinion.

    What I know is that we’ve had a lot of success with our own real estate investments and we’ve helped a lot of other people over the last 10+ years that we’ve been teaching classes. If you go to our main website and click on "Student Success" you can see some examples. 

    Feel free to contact me directly as my information is at the bottom of this post and I am happy to help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.