Anybody doing short term rentals in Atlanta, GA?

Anybody doing short term rentals in Atlanta, GA?

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 9 votes
Anyone had success with AirBnb or short term corporate rentals in Atlanta? I'm curious to hear experiences. I'm not quite sure if the market supports it.
1Reply
27 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I am new to real estate investing but I have lived in Atlanta for 7 years now and it seems it is a good time to dive into Airbnb and other short-term rental solutions.  With the type of growth Atlanta is experiencing and the Superbowl coming along with other major events, I can see a real opportunity for success. I look forward to hearing what the pros think.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 295 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    @Jonathan Spaeth One of the investors that I work with is employing this method on one of the properties he has in town. He loves it and is grossing like over 5k a month. Kind of mind blowing. 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Ethan Henning interesting.  What type of property?  In what area?

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    I was doing some research and running the numbers is slightly different on the cost side:

    • Insurance is likely more expensive for STR
    • PM is way more (and I'd feel uncomfortable with most people doing this)
    • Operating expenses for a hotel
    • Extra CapEx for furnishings
    • Utilities

    The revenue side seems really tricky and if someone can nail this down I'd love to hear their thoughts. But it also seems highly dependent on HOW you run your hotel business.

    There's also some thought on which segment of the AirBnB market to be in - small, mid, large. I feel like small wants to be cheaper and as nice as a hotel room. mid catering to families that won't quite fit in a hotel, high schmoozing big spenders. 

    Currently it feels like the high end MLS properties are cooling down, maybe that makes for an easier buy if there is a good AirBnB market for that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.