Philadelphia Rental Property Neighborhoods

Philadelphia Rental Property Neighborhoods

Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 6 votes

I’m looking to buy a multi family home in the next year where I can live in one unit and rent the other units. I currently work in the Malvern area and live in Phoenixville. Both these areas don’t seem like great places to buy and hold. Both are expensive areas. I used to live in West Philadelphia and the commute was terrible but I am open to moving back to Philly if it makes sense.

What are some good neighborhoods to buy property to rent? I’m not interested in student rentals at all.

3Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 29 votes
7y

Hi @Brande Gilbert

When it comes to buy-and-hold rentals in the city, West Philadelphia does usually make the most sense numbers-wise. Cobbs Creek is the first neighborhood that jumps to mind when I think about buy-and-hold, but Wynnefield, Overbrook, and West Kensignton (aka Norris Square) also should be neighborhoods worth looking into. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    Hi @Brande Gilbert

    When it comes to buy-and-hold rentals in the city, West Philadelphia does usually make the most sense numbers-wise. Cobbs Creek is the first neighborhood that jumps to mind when I think about buy-and-hold, but Wynnefield, Overbrook, and West Kensignton (aka Norris Square) also should be neighborhoods worth looking into. 

  • Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Fisher Thank you, Jeremy!

  • Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Fisher Thank you, Jeremy!

  • Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2018 · 58 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Brande Gilbert there are a ton of good spots in Philadelphia to buy as a primary home and rent the rest out. I’m not a realtor, but I do invest in philly a lot. I’d be happy to talk with you about all of that. Message me if you want to talk a bit.

  • Phoenixville, PA · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Ryan Harsche Thank you, Ryan! I will be reaching out shortly.

  • TX · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Looking to analyze Philly/surrounding area market for value add multi family opportunities, any references to start will be helpful. I currently invest in SFR in TX and TN.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.