Looking for 1-3 unit Buy and Hold in Jacksonville, FL

Looking for 1-3 unit Buy and Hold in Jacksonville, FL

Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

I am very excited to get started with real estate investing! I've just graduated from the University of Florida and recently started working full time as an engineer in Jacksonville, FL. I am very interested in investing in single family homes or potentially doing a house hack situation.

I have been reading many books on the topic but now it is time to start getting hard numbers and analyzing deals. I have done some quick calculations and found that the zip code of 32244 satisfies the 1% rule when using median rent and sale prices.

I am looking to do my first deal so I am leaning towards a SFH that does not need any major rehab. I will also be financing any deals with regular bank financing with 20% down unless I am going to do a house hack where I will try to pursue an FHA loan with a smaller down payment.

Thanks! Please feel free to connect with me or reach out if you have any questions. 

1Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 14 votes
7y

@Jake Sink...At the beginning of January this year, a group of us here in Jacksonville that struggle to get to Real Estate meetings in the evening decided to start meeting weekly on Monday at noon through a virtual conference call. Because most of us have W-2 daytime jobs, attendees can join via Audio only as well as Web or Video in order to see the content being shared. I record each meeting and send it out afterwards in case you are not able to make it.

The goal is to be in and out in an hour (during the lunch time for most). We follow this agenda each week:

  1. Review results of individual commitments from last week.
  2. Discuss any items that are top of mind.
  3. Deal Deep-dive (bring a local Jacksonville property you are looking at and we can all review it together and learn from each other).
  4. Make weekly commitments on what we are going to work on this week to move each of our businesses forward.

If you would like to attend, please either personal message me your email address and I can add you to the calendar invite. Hope to see you there.

Josh

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Jake Sink...At the beginning of January this year, a group of us here in Jacksonville that struggle to get to Real Estate meetings in the evening decided to start meeting weekly on Monday at noon through a virtual conference call. Because most of us have W-2 daytime jobs, attendees can join via Audio only as well as Web or Video in order to see the content being shared. I record each meeting and send it out afterwards in case you are not able to make it.

    The goal is to be in and out in an hour (during the lunch time for most). We follow this agenda each week:

    1. Review results of individual commitments from last week.
    2. Discuss any items that are top of mind.
    3. Deal Deep-dive (bring a local Jacksonville property you are looking at and we can all review it together and learn from each other).
    4. Make weekly commitments on what we are going to work on this week to move each of our businesses forward.

    If you would like to attend, please either personal message me your email address and I can add you to the calendar invite. Hope to see you there.

    Josh

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 58 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Josh Stanley:

    @Jake Sink...At the beginning of January this year, a group of us here in Jacksonville that struggle to get to Real Estate meetings in the evening decided to start meeting weekly on Monday at noon through a virtual conference call. Because most of us have W-2 daytime jobs, attendees can join via Audio only as well as Web or Video in order to see the content being shared. I record each meeting and send it out afterwards in case you are not able to make it.

    The goal is to be in and out in an hour (during the lunch time for most). We follow this agenda each week:

    1. Review results of individual commitments from last week.
    2. Discuss any items that are top of mind.
    3. Deal Deep-dive (bring a local Jacksonville property you are looking at and we can all review it together and learn from each other).
    4. Make weekly commitments on what we are going to work on this week to move each of our businesses forward.

    If you would like to attend, please either personal message me your email address and I can add you to the calendar invite. Hope to see you there.

    Josh

    I like this.

    I feel like I can never make any Real Estate meetings because of w-2 jobs or family (I have young kids to pick up after work) so seems like no meetings I have seen ever would work for my schedule.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Simon Collins....great, its working well so far.  Feel free to personal message me your email and I will send you this weeks recorded meeting.  You can watch at your convenience and if you would like to have the calendar invite each week to join live I can send that to you as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.