Any Eastside Los Angeles investors here?

Any Eastside Los Angeles investors here?

Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes

Hi, I'm Jenny, I’m an investor based on the east side of LA, I invest locally as well as in other out of state markets. I'm looking to build a network with other investors. I'm interested in assignments, flips, brrr, buy and hold and lots of other creative investing strategies. Feel free to contact me. Thanks!

1Reply
36 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    7y

    Jenny. I live in Los Angeles as well and I invest out of state in Memphis, Cleveland, Birmingham, and St. Louis

  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 38 votes
    7y

    I am in LA in North hollywood. I recently did a deal in LA but exploring opportunities out of state right now. 

  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 38 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:

    Jenny. I live in Los Angeles as well and I invest out of state in Memphis, Cleveland, Birmingham, and St. Louis

     @Antoine Martel how did you land on those 4 cities? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Yay! Nice to meet you Antoine Martel & Vinay C. I am working both locally and out of state, would be great to connect. Thank you both for saying hello

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Vinay C.:
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:

    Jenny. I live in Los Angeles as well and I invest out of state in Memphis, Cleveland, Birmingham, and St. Louis

     @Antoine Martel how did you land on those 4 cities? 

     Made an excel model of all 100 cities in the USA and looked at a variety of different of different metrics. 

  • Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 38 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:
    Originally posted by @Vinay C.:
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:

    Jenny. I live in Los Angeles as well and I invest out of state in Memphis, Cleveland, Birmingham, and St. Louis

     @Antoine Martel how did you land on those 4 cities? 

     Made an excel model of all 100 cities in the USA and looked at a variety of different of different metrics. 

    If you don’t mind could you also shed light on the different variables you took into account. 

    Thanks

    Vinay 

  • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    I'm interested to hear more about the Los Angeles market. We are in Sacramento & Santa Cruz. Sac is cheap & SC is super pricey. Following. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Santa Ana CA [South Coast Metro] · Member since 2016 · 459 posts · 202 votes
    7y

    I had properties from Silverlake, Eagle Rock, Highland Park to Lincoln Heights. Left in 2015 but still come across off market deals in those areas. 

  • Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I'm in the east la area doing fix and flip currently (approximately 9-11 over the past 4 years) with some success. Recently finished two and am in escrow on another. Fix and flip has been working great but looking to diversify. 

    Currently looking into the High Desert / Palm Springs areas for my next investment(s) for rental (short term) and buy and hold. 

    Very interested in the metrics used to identify cities that have opportunity. Would love to find some out of state investments. 

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    I'm pretty close by in Burbank looking mostly at rental properties in the Midwest, but also interested in fix and flips. I'm interested in connecting with other investors in the LA area and learning about their projects and interests, both locally and out of state.

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Vinay C.:
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:
    Originally posted by @Vinay C.:
    Originally posted by @Antoine Martel:

    Jenny. I live in Los Angeles as well and I invest out of state in Memphis, Cleveland, Birmingham, and St. Louis

     @Antoine Martel how did you land on those 4 cities? 

     Made an excel model of all 100 cities in the USA and looked at a variety of different of different metrics. 

    If you don’t mind could you also shed light on the different variables you took into account. 

    Thanks

    Vinay 

     Job growth, population growth, population size, major employers, diversity of workforce, median home price, median rent price, etc.

  • Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi all - First post after lurking for some time.  I am in Redondo Beach, looking to get started over the next year or so, probably out of state in quadplex or small apartments.  Very interested in Brrrr but haven't figured out yet that even IF i'm successful with it to start, how it is scale able.  Would love to do something in state if feasible still in this market.  

    Anyway, clearly a lot to learn still deciding my strategy and location.  I have more to take right now then to offer but would be interested in staying in touch with anyone local.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi @Jenny M.,  My wife and I have a few investment properties in Silver Lake and Lincoln Heights. We have considered other options out of state due to the challenge of finding cap rates that make sense in La and rent control. However, we are happy with the performance of our current investments so still trying decide what route to take. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.