Looking to invest in Boston multi-families.

Looking to invest in Boston multi-families.

Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I am looking to get into Boston Real estate for two reasons

House-hacks and long-term investments that can lead to buying more properties.

I’d love to see who I can work with in the area.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Orville Joseph Have you already lined up financing?  

    That's the first step.  Without that, Realtors aren't even going to talk with you, much less run around showing you properties that you can't buy.

    Start by talking with a mortgage broker or a local lender like Rockland Trust, Eastern Bank, etc.  Get pre-approved for a loan and you'll be on your way in no time.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Charlie MacPherson hey thank you for your insight. I have my finances in order.

    What are your thoughts on hard money lending ?

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Orville Joseph HMLs cannot finance an owner-occupied property unless they're also a mortgage lender.  You must have an NMLS # in order to fund owner-occupied properties.

    HMLs are best used for short term lending, like fix & flips or transactional funding.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.