"Is There Anybody Out There" in South Carolina?

"Is There Anybody Out There" in South Carolina?

Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 15 votes

"Is There Anybody Out There?" - from South Carolina? (Sorry Pink Floyd)

Searching BP for members from SC, seems hardly any active members from SC. Is there anyone here who at least operates in SC.?
As you can see from our profile, we are new at real estate business. Not got our feet wet yet. Reading up all we can in the multi-unit family and related sections.
But would like to get know local people here. If anyone based in /invest in SC, please give a shout.

Thanks

1Reply
115 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Greer, SC · Member since 2013 · 548 posts · 271 votes
13y
Hello. Send any good deals too far north to me in the Upstate.
See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    14y

    Hi Brandy......I live in Lexington SC.......high five!
    I have started a linkenin group just for the Columbia SC area. You need to look us up and hook up. Have you joined the local Capitol Cities RE investor group? We meet every second Thursday of each month. Great opportunity to net work, hear speakers, share etc...

  • Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    14y

    Hi Lisa Cunningham

    Welcome to BP.

    glad to see a person from SC. See you joined here a day after I posted. Were you always here but not a member, or " new" to the site.
    A mistake I made on the site was not introducing myself in the new introduction site here...didn't see the new member introduction here until later.May be you would want to do it.

    Will send a PM/add as colleague to you and talk more soon.

  • Specialist · Greenville, SC · Member since 2011 · 83 posts · 41 votes
    14y

    Im in the Upstate of SC. There is a very active group here in the upstate. I have just started thinking about jumping into the RE market.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    14y

    @ Brandy.....no I ran across this site by accident. I signed up, but did not do the introduction thing.......I should check it out.
    I am a newby.
    Chat again soon!

  • Flipper · Fort Mill, SC · Member since 2010 · 23 posts · 11 votes
    14y

    "Is There Anybody Out There" Of course! I have been rehabbing homes in York County , SC since 2006. I have another full time job so I usually only do 2 properties a year. Plus I am very picking on what I buy. This year I also picked up 2 rental properties that are giving me a return capitalization rate of 24% on my invested money. Cant get that in a savings account. I am also about 3 weeks from being finished with my current rehab for this year.

    I finally actually got my SC real estate license last week which I belive will only continue to help my hobby grow to be more profitable. So if there is anyone out there in the York SC or South Charlotte are looking for a buyers agent who understands what an investor is looking for hit me up. I will refund 1% of the buyers agent commision to the investor on the HUD at closing.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mt. Pleasant, SC · Member since 2010 · 257 posts · 130 votes
    14y

    I'm out there Brandy and I'm lovin' every minute of it. (obvious Seinfeld reference)

    I'm in the Charleston area doing 6-10 rehabs a year, mostly Goose Creek and Summerville. Also been picking up a few rentals when a good deal comes up. I'm a realtor as well and will probably go for my broker's license next spring after I have my 3 years in. Trying to develop as many income streams as possible. The multi-family market is probably the one I know the least about.

    South Carolina is a great place to be right now. There's a lot going on and many areas are growing quickly. Good luck with your new real estate endeavors.

  • SFR Investor · Rock Hill , SC · Member since 2010 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    Hi Brandy,

    I'm in Rock Hill, SC and fairly new to investing (first property last March, now working on my 7th deal). It's been an exciting ride so far and I look forward to seeing what else is in store.

    You've come t oa great place to get started. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on this site.

    I would love to stay connected with the fellow SC investors. It's great to know what people are interested in in the area so if anything comes my way that is for you I can pass it along.

  • Columbia, SC · Member since 2012 · 1 post · 0 votes
    13y

    Brandy- Another South Carolinian over here! We are based out of Columbia and represent investor clients all over the state, including new clients and seasoned vets. Would love to chat more sometime, we may be able to help with the "getting your feet wet" part :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Moncton, New Brunswick · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    I'm based out of Canada, but have started to invest in the Myrtle Beach area. I would like to hear more from SC RE investors, specifically anyone investing in the Myrtle Beach area.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 253 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    I am in the NY/NJ area and would like to find out more information about how commercial properties in South Carolina especially in cities like Myrtle Beach.

  • Durham, NC · Member since 2012 · 498 posts · 48 votes
    13y

    Myrtle Beach's most desirable real estate properties are the oceanfront condos built at the peak of the bubble. Last year was the best time to buy. Now they are almost all gone.

    Look at this building,

    http://www.searchmyrtlebeachcondos.com/view_project/Oceans%20One%20South%20Tower%20-%20.html

    There is only one one bed unit available now. Last year the developer was still desperate to sell.

  • Realtor/Builder · North Augusta, SC · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 29 votes
    13y

    Hello Brandy,

    I'm here in SC too - at Exit 1 on I-20. Not too far from you guys. Keep in touch.

  • Chapin, SC · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Another one here in Chapin, but have investments in NE Cola..welcome BRANDY...Lisa do you have more info on capital city group..

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 56 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    We invest in Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC. We specialize in turn key solutions for investors looking to buy and hold. We ensure a solid renovation and tenant is in place before sold and always make sure there is equity left in the deal.

    We are near the NC/SC boarder so we play in both states.

    Nechelle

  • Real Estate Investor · Loris, SC · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hey Brandy,

    Im a Myrtle Beach investor. Glad to see people from my neck of the woods getting involved!

    -Logan

  • Real Estate Broker · Greer, SC · Member since 2013 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    13y
    Hello. Send any good deals too far north to me in the Upstate.
  • Involved In Real Estate · Lake City, SC · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Hey there @Brandy Y. and all ya'lls! We're here also in the Florence SC area. I am a Realtor covering the Pee Dee area. My wife and I are just beginning to build our "empire" by flipping and holding when it makes sense.

    @Chris Calabrese I would be interested in talking with you about your neck of the woods. Hopefully we can arrange that at some point.

    Stay in touch everyone.... SC rocks!

  • Real Estate Investor · Spartanburg, SC · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 22 votes
    12y

    @Brandy Y. , is it too late to join this party? I'm just starting out in the Upstate area myself. I've got nothing on these regulars but the plan is to become one of them.

  • Tradd BastianPro Member
    Realtor · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Hello all,

    I just joined the site and am really excited to start growing my business. I'm a realtor in Charleston. I have some knowledge about investment properties, but am learning more and more everyday. I'm always looking to meet new people, and discuss business or just BS.

  • Real Estate Investor · SC · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    @Brandy Y. I'm in SC. Charleston area. Good to see a group of active South Carolinians here.

  • Investor · Florence, SC · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Hi Brandy, I'm Charles McPherson from Florence SC. It's great to see all the SC pros here. I've been in the business for 10+ years. If I can help just contact me.

  • Wholesaler · Easley, SC · Member since 2010 · 340 posts · 249 votes
    12y

    I am from Easley SC. Have several rental properties and started flipping last year. Closing on 2 houses this month to flip. Great time to be in SC.

  • Wholesaler · Spartanburg, SC · Member since 2012 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I'm in SC, better late then never (I see this is an old post). Invest in sc, nc and some nationwide, single family, multi family and some commercial. always looking to work with like minded people.

  • Real Estate Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2012 · 1 post · 0 votes
    12y

    Here in the Upstate buying rehab to rent deals.

    Thanks for the

  • Investor · Easley, SC · Member since 2013 · 248 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    I'm in the upstate and happy to see we have such an active group in this area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.