Any Advice for a Newbie in the STL/STC MO Area?

Any Advice for a Newbie in the STL/STC MO Area?

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I have been living in a home I bought as a foreclosure about 3 years ago and have been slowly remodeling it while my son finishes up college. He is talking about moving out in the next 2 years and I will be selling, calling this my first flip! I've learned a LOT over the past few years and feel like I am finally ready to start moving along to my next goal of flipping and managing rentals to gain some additional income. Since I still have SO MUCH to learn, I am hoping there might be someone in the area who can give me some tips and advice about this sort of thing in the area. 

Thanks so much!

Anne

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 68 posts · 36 votes
6y

Hey Anne, obviously searching through and asking questions here in the forums will answer a lot of your questions, but there are also several great REI clubs in St Louis. I think there is one posted here on BP and you can also check on meetup.com for additional REI groups.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 68 posts · 36 votes
    6y

    Hey Anne, obviously searching through and asking questions here in the forums will answer a lot of your questions, but there are also several great REI clubs in St Louis. I think there is one posted here on BP and you can also check on meetup.com for additional REI groups.

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    6y

    Network network network. There are several active REI clubs in St Louis look at events on this website and start attending bring something to jot down notes and ask question when you have them.

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Re: Networking - As I heard not too long ago - The STL REI gene pool is small and the good gene pool is even smaller. At the local events, you'll learn who is good real fast and who to listen to.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hey @Anne Andrews welcome to this space! Kudos to you on the work you have done on your home! I truly believe @Patrick Hill and @Peter MacKercher hit the nail right on the head; with the guidance and insights they have provided. Much like yourself, I am new to this space as well, and what an exciting space to be in. Real Estate is truly a relationship business so get out and talk to people; and take educated lessons along the way! 

    All the best,

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks for the input! I ran across a couple REI's in meetup and signed up for one with St Charles and one with St Louis. Nice to know I'm heading in the right direction.

    Have you found the area to have enough opportunity to be successful? 

    Thanks for the advice and the support! I'm close to pulling the trigger on a property and hoping timing doesn't pose a problem for me. Happy investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.