Architect · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 317 posts · 371 votes
6y
@Bayra Batchuluun it depends your location, project size, and budget. I have six contractors that I trust and recommend but I need more information. For example, a small cosmetic flip I have one guy, for a complete gut another, and for a homeowner with a million dollar project it is another a guy.
Architects are a good place to ask because we want to make sure the contractor builds our plans correctly. Realtors that have clients who flip and fellow developers also have good recommendations.
Architect · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 317 posts · 371 votes
6y
@Bayra Batchuluun it depends your location, project size, and budget. I have six contractors that I trust and recommend but I need more information. For example, a small cosmetic flip I have one guy, for a complete gut another, and for a homeowner with a million dollar project it is another a guy.
Architects are a good place to ask because we want to make sure the contractor builds our plans correctly. Realtors that have clients who flip and fellow developers also have good recommendations.
Investor · Central Virginia · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 2 votes
6y
@Eric Teran Great suggestions on where to look. I'm building my contractor list as well. I mostly have contractors that I dislike so far. My projects are SFHs and multifamily up to 4 units in Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, Carroll, and Washington counties in MD. My budgets are ~$150k for a gut, down to ~$10k for cosmetic. Do you recommend any contractors that fit this criteria?
Real Estate Agent · Frederick, MD · Member since 2020 · 60 posts · 28 votes
6y
@Michael B. LOL. I cracked up at "I mostly have contractors that I dislike". I'd love to get that list so I avoid the same problem here in Frederick. Let me know if you every want to partner on anything here in Frederick. I'm really trying to get my foot in the door with Real Estate Investing.
Architect · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2016 · 317 posts · 371 votes
6y
@Michael B. it depends how big the gut job is and what the finishes are to be under $150k. Is it a 1,500 SF rowhouse or 3,000 SF single-family home? I know two contractors that work in Montgomery and Howard counties. However, I don't think they will fall within that price point as most of their work is in DC. If you are interested send me a PM and I can give you their contact information.