Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 37 votes
Hi BP!
Anyone in the Vancouver, Wa or Portland, Or area happen to have a short term rental available?
My wife and I just received an offer on our house and the property we were planning on putting and offer on just sold. That threw a bit of a wrench in our plans so we’re now looking for a short term (likely 6-8 months) rental until we’re ready to make the move on our next property.
We’re both in corporate finance, same employers for 5+ years, no layoffs during these times, very well paying jobs, excellent credit scores and the ability to pay rent during these unprecedented times.
I should also mention that we have a 4 year old German Shepherd. He’s large (85 lbs) but very well trained!
If you’ve got something, shoot me a private message!
Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 37 votes
6y
@Dan Stephens
We’d we open to anything at this point. We just need to find something to hold us over until we can move into the next property. Month to month lease terms would be ideal.
@Dado Vucak I don't personally have any vacancies. But I'll keep my radar tuned for you. Here's one that my property manager has available. https://showmojo.com/m/l/72989be040?sd=true
Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 37 votes
6y
@Dan Stephens
That would be ideal! I noticed it said no pets though. In my post I mentioned us having a German Shepherd. Is that something we can discuss with the property manager?
Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 412 posts · 219 votes
6y
There’s a Facebook group you could check out called Portland Homes for Rent (or something close-search that and it should come up) where you can post haves and needs as well. Might be a good starting point.
I’m not trying to get involved in a transaction or step on anyone else’s toes, so I’ve got to be careful with any advice on a current transaction. So not specific to your offer (congrats on that!) but in general terms, we’re seeing lots of offers and seller counter-offers with rent back periods in them. They allow the owner to stay in the home after closing for up to 60 days, some at cost to the seller, some at cost to the buyer.
Best of luck to you and congrats on your upcoming move!
Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 65 posts · 37 votes
6y
@Mathew Wray
I’ll definitely check that Facebook group out. We discussed a rent back period but the buyer needs to move ASAP. Unfortunately that won’t be an option for us but I certainly appreciate you throwing that out there!