19 year old trying to get started in real estate (wholesale)

2 Replies

I'm 19 in the Southside Chicago area and I'm trying to get out there in the real estate community. I'm specifically interested in wholesaling right now so I was looking to connect with someone in the area that is currently wholesaling and maybe offer my time to help you out with your business to gain some experience and get started doing my own deals.

@Mikail Koonce I'm not a wholesaler, so can't help you on that front, but consider attending REI meetups in the area to meet active members of the community. The South East Chicago Real Estate club has a large audience (linked below) and it's a free meetup doing virtual events right now. Aside from it, there are dozens of other meetups all over the city and suburbs you can look into as well. Additionally, the Straight Up Chicago Investor podcast has a few wholesalers as guests who talk about their experiences and what not. That could be a valuable resource for you. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!

https://www.meetup.com/South-East-Chicago-Real-Estate-Club/

Originally posted by @Mikail Koonce :

I’m 19 in the Southside Chicago area and I’m trying to get out there in the real estate community. I’m specifically interested in wholesaling right now so I was looking to connect with someone in the area that is currently wholesaling and maybe offer my time to help you out with your business to gain some experience and get started doing my own deals.

Here's lesson one as a wholesaler in Illinois. There's a new law that limits how many wholesale deals you can do w/o a license in Illinois. My recommendation:  Get up to speed on the law, consider getting a license. Until then also consider partnering w/ someone who is licensed.