Real Estate Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2012 · 12 posts · 1 vote
If there are any Cincinnati area investors out there, could you share some contractors you use for putting on siding (and secondarily roofing)? If you can share some cost benchmarks that you have paid in recent years that would be great, as well as if you bought the material (and where) or if you let the contractor buy and then what the cost breakdown has been labor and Material = total ...I believe siding is often figured by square, like roofing? Is that correct or is there another good benchmark to estimate cost from.
I am mostly a landlord in Cincy and doing a few flips here and there, I have good contractors but none of my guys do siding and I could also use a good roofer. I know the siding and roofing companys pricing is outrageous and more top of the line materials (ie insulated siding) and much higher cost than I've heard many investors say they can reside a house for...so I'm hoping some local investors will help point me to some great priced and reliable contractors that they can vouch for.
Lake City, CO · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 15 votes
13y
Justin: I was in constuction for over 30 years and as far as siding goes Hardi is the best bar none in my opinion. I don't know your area so I can't give you price quotes, sorry. It's not cheap buy it will sell the deal. Again there are to many variables to consider on siding, Hardi is my first choice. Roofing, advertise for a roofing subcontractor, craigslist is a good place to do this. BE SURE to check past work and get references from previous work. You buy the materials and this should save you almost half. BE sure you have insurance coverage. Some subs carry their own. Hope this helps, PM me if you need anything else, good luck.