Oregon BRRRR, looking to chat with people about potential areas

Oregon BRRRR, looking to chat with people about potential areas

Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 43 votes

No Experience with BRRRR.

I'm active duty military so I've bought and sold a few props with the moving from base to base. I traditionally financed a REI rental in Salem (which I still hold).

I'm out of state, living in NC, got about 100k saved and want to BRRRR. Just hoping to chat about OR's market.

I'm partial to buying and holding in OR mainly because I have a solid deal finder, lender, and PM I'd like to keep working with.

Not entirely opposed to investing in NC

Just doing more research and looking for local BP expert knowledge

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
5y

@Austen Carroll My sister is moving to Portland this month and also getting into REI. already in construction but new to BRRRR. I'll ping her

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Austen Carroll My sister is moving to Portland this month and also getting into REI. already in construction but new to BRRRR. I'll ping her

  • Rental Property Investor · Bend, OR · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    Hi Austen - also a military investor here. I think your desire to continue in Oregon is probably a safe bet. Salem specifically sees a lot of secondary benefits from Portland’s massive growth. The downside is definitely the state’s tenant-landlord laws. I invest in Washington where its similarly tenant-friendly. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    5y

    @Austen Carroll if you ever want to chat about potential areas in Oregon shoot me a message!

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Church

    Thanks. Would love to chat!!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    @Ashton Cleveland

    Thanks Ashton, I do know the state isn't super landlord friendly but I do think it's very manageable with a proper PM. Luckily I have a very valuable PM I've found through trial and error.

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    @Robert Laird

    I would love to chat if you're willing robert. Expectation management I'm doing market research rather than specifically searching for deals at the moment. So I don't want to waste you're time if you're busy with this crazy market.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.