Cost of hand addressing envelopes

Cost of hand addressing envelopes

Investor · Conroe, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes

I'm looking to hire a student to had address my marketing letters. Is there a general rule of thumb for how much to pay per piece?

0Reply
53 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Conroe, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Sorry - meant to say HAND address envelopes

  • Real Estate Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2012 · 52 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    YellowLetters.com offers this. See what they charge. Less than what you'll pay I'm sure with the volume they're doing.

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    10y

    Say they can get done 40/hr (assuming addressing and not stuffing envelop) and pay is $6/hr.  So that's $15/100. Or $0.15 per piece. I prefer my letter vs yellowletter company but if it was just a cost decision- I'd pay yellow letter to do it. I'm at $0.83 per piece so not saving a ton vs YL. But it's a preference thing for me. The person doing my letters wants training so I pay her a flat fee of $500 for each closed deal from her letters. 

  • Justin SilverioPro Member
    Developer · Andover, MA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    10y

    I was paying a letter writer $10/hr.  They had to compete 10 mailers an hour which consisted of 10 handwritten letters and envelopes, stuffed, stamped and ready to be mailed.  If they only had to write the envelope (typed letters) they had to produce 20 mailer/hour.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.