Do Not Call Registry

Do Not Call Registry

Lender · Riverview, FL · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes

Good Afternoon/Evening !

My business partner and I are starting out in Wholesaling. We've put together a marketing campaign and we've been able to establish some potential seller phone numbers listed with properties we've found online. My partner and I currently work for a major fortune 500 company, within the Call Center, as front-line employees. In our compliance training, we're very aware of The Do Not Call Registry. Does this registry pertain to wholesalers, and if so, how do we work around these federal guidelines? 

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mark Godlewski:

    Good Afternoon/Evening !

    My business partner and I are starting out in Wholesaling. We've put together a marketing campaign and we've been able to establish some potential seller phone numbers listed with properties we've found online. My partner and I currently work for a major fortune 500 company, within the Call Center, as front-line employees. In our compliance training, we're very aware of The Do Not Call Registry. Does this registry pertain to wholesalers, and if so, how do we work around these federal guidelines? 

     Good to meet you an a very good question.

    Look at the paragraph that refers to 

    • Telemarketers must promptly tell you the identity of the seller or charitable organization and that the call is a sales call or a charitable solicitation.

    and time limit of returning a call after the initial inbound.

    • If you make an inquiry or submit an application to a company, it can call you for three months afterward
  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Mark Godlewski First thing is, it is not a sales call, so you are not selling, soliciting, or marketing.  There are "loopholes"  and you need to be aware of them if you are going to contact someone on the DNC.  

    I'm not going to give you legal advice but I have consulted with some very good telemarketing attorneys on this exact subject and I would suggest you do the same.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.