Do Not Call Registry

2 Replies

Good Afternoon/Evening !

My business partner and I are starting out in Wholesaling. We've put together a marketing campaign and we've been able to establish some potential seller phone numbers listed with properties we've found online. My partner and I currently work for a major fortune 500 company, within the Call Center, as front-line employees. In our compliance training, we're very aware of The Do Not Call Registry. Does this registry pertain to wholesalers, and if so, how do we work around these federal guidelines? 

Originally posted by @Mark Godlewski :

Good Afternoon/Evening !

My business partner and I are starting out in Wholesaling. We've put together a marketing campaign and we've been able to establish some potential seller phone numbers listed with properties we've found online. My partner and I currently work for a major fortune 500 company, within the Call Center, as front-line employees. In our compliance training, we're very aware of The Do Not Call Registry. Does this registry pertain to wholesalers, and if so, how do we work around these federal guidelines? 

Good to meet you an a very good question.

Look at the paragraph that refers to 

• Telemarketers must promptly tell you the identity of the seller or charitable organization and that the call is a sales call or a charitable solicitation.

and time limit of returning a call after the initial inbound.

• If you make an inquiry or submit an application to a company, it can call you for three months afterward

@Mark Godlewski First thing is, it is not a sales call, so you are not selling, soliciting, or marketing.  There are "loopholes"  and you need to be aware of them if you are going to contact someone on the DNC.  

I'm not going to give you legal advice but I have consulted with some very good telemarketing attorneys on this exact subject and I would suggest you do the same.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you