Help with Becoming an investor

Help with Becoming an investor

Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 12 votes

I'm located in Durham/Raleigh NC. I really want to become an investor. I have no idea where or how I can start. Please help 

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
6y

You want to become an investor... do you mean you have a lot of extra cash that you want to lend out to people for their real estate investments or do you want to start investing into real estate?

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    You want to become an investor... do you mean you have a lot of extra cash that you want to lend out to people for their real estate investments or do you want to start investing into real estate?

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 53 posts · 62 votes
    6y

    Whether you want to fund other people's investments, or acquire your own assets you should start by doing research. See which method aligns with your goals, and what asset class best fits your style of investing. Listen to podcasts, read books, and continue to research as much as possible. Real Estate investing allows anyone the freedom to invest. Whether you have a lump sum of cash saved, or you have no cash at all, there are ways to finance the assets (through conventional financing or OPM). All it takes is some creativity, and finding the right deal! Keep in mind that 99% of "deals" are not deals, you are looking for the 1% that can give you a solid return. When acquiring a deal, you are usually acquiring a problem and that is where you make your money. Purchase and a good price, and always make sure the numbers work!

    Hope this helps you get started! Good Luck!

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Jon Reed yes I want to become an investor. Sorry not being clear.

  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    @Crencenthia Brown

    I am still confused... you are wanting to be the bank for someone else then? Give them the cash that they need to purchase an investment property?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Crencenthia Brown:

    I'm located in Durham/Raleigh NC. I really want to become an investor. I have no idea where or how I can start. Please help 

    All you do is this.

    No matter what you are going to end up doing, you need leads.

    In order to get quality leads you need a website.

    Why? Because leads need to find you. and you need to show them you are credible.

    NOTHING does this better than having a website.

    Take it from someone that gets over 30 high quality leads every week! For FREE!

    SO step #1, is get an investor carrot website.

    2) Work on your credibility.

    3) Look into SEO

    ANY other advise you get, put that on the back burner. This is what you do NOW!

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Crencenthia Brown:

    Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

     It doesn't matter what you want to do. Get a website, now!

    Then find out your local REI meetups, and more than likely you will have private money and hard money lenders stalking the group to get them to borrow money. In any case, you can't go wrong surrounding yourself with others that are also in to this space.

    So that is the next step

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Crencenthia Brown:

    Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

    Go to your local REI meeting.Ask a ton of questions, and that will set forth a path for you.

    That is the first step, while you set up your website!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.