Help with Becoming an investor

9 Replies

Whether you want to fund other people's investments, or acquire your own assets you should start by doing research. See which method aligns with your goals, and what asset class best fits your style of investing. Listen to podcasts, read books, and continue to research as much as possible. Real Estate investing allows anyone the freedom to invest. Whether you have a lump sum of cash saved, or you have no cash at all, there are ways to finance the assets (through conventional financing or OPM). All it takes is some creativity, and finding the right deal! Keep in mind that 99% of "deals" are not deals, you are looking for the 1% that can give you a solid return. When acquiring a deal, you are usually acquiring a problem and that is where you make your money. Purchase and a good price, and always make sure the numbers work!

Hope this helps you get started! Good Luck!

Originally posted by @Crencenthia Brown :

I'm located in Durham/Raleigh NC. I really want to become an investor. I have no idea where or how I can start. Please help 

All you do is this.

No matter what you are going to end up doing, you need leads.

In order to get quality leads you need a website.

Why? Because leads need to find you. and you need to show them you are credible.

NOTHING does this better than having a website.

Take it from someone that gets over 30 high quality leads every week! For FREE!

SO step #1, is get an investor carrot website.

2) Work on your credibility.

3) Look into SEO

ANY other advise you get, put that on the back burner. This is what you do NOW!

Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

Jerrill Noorden thank you. maybe im not express what I want to do. I want to flip houses and also have a rental property. I don't have the funds at hand to do it. But I know there are companies that can help, just don't know how to reach them. Someone did say get a mentor but wasn't able to tell me how to do that. Thank you for what you said. If you have any other information for me, please tell me. It's been in me for years to do this and im doing it. Willing to take all the help and advice. 

It doesn't matter what you want to do. Get a website, now!

Then find out your local REI meetups, and more than likely you will have private money and hard money lenders stalking the group to get them to borrow money. In any case, you can't go wrong surrounding yourself with others that are also in to this space.

So that is the next step

Go to your local REI meeting.Ask a ton of questions, and that will set forth a path for you.

That is the first step, while you set up your website!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you