Real Estate Consultant · San Antonio TX Canyon Lake TX Fort Walton Beach FL Cape Coral FL Clarksville TN Sumter SC and Lawton, OK · Member since 2008 · 138 posts · 128 votes
Investment Info:
Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.
Purchase price: $495,000
Triplex AirBnB with income that adjust seasonally. Summers much better than winter. Explosive growth of Austin and San Antonio (both within an hour) helps greatly. Value already 550K and growing.
What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?
Huge growth factors in this area--jobs! Also people displacing from work centers to home working
How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?
Realtor.com as well as had driven by it a few times
How did you finance this deal?
Cash / 1031 buy
How did you add value to the deal?
The marketing campaign aded
What was the outcome?
55K in appreciation in a few months - 7 months
Lessons learned? Challenges?
Buy in areas of surging growth and demand due to population swings post 2020 election
Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?
Yes I did. Angie Borras out of San Antonio TX was the broker who helped me buy as well as manages the asset
How are things coming along in Canyon Lake? I have been looking to get my feet wet in Airbnb in Canyon Lake, TX. I was thinking of something small to start. I am familiar with Lake Havasu and the crowds their. How are the crowds in CL. I see fishing might be a big thing? Just try to see what amenities the visitor are looking for to stand out in the STR pool. Any input would be great!