Buying the Cobra Kai Mansion for Airbnb

Buying the Cobra Kai Mansion for Airbnb

Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 139 posts · 90 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Marietta.

Purchase price: $2,400,000
Cash invested: $300,000

The "Cobra Kai Mansion" from Netflix's world hit Cobra Kai.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

The rise of experience based Airbnb's, the growth of Metro Atlanta, and the property itself. The History dates far back beyond the filming and income produced from Cobra Kai, serving as Daniel LaRusso's home and appearing in dozens of episodes throughout the seasons.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I was the listing agent then after seeing the global reaction to the listing and the interest from massive publications, I decided to approach the sellers with an offer.

How did you finance this deal?

I syndicated a fund and negotiated a seller second.

How did you add value to the deal?

1) Deferred maintenance
2) Professional design, landscaping, and misc. upgrades
3) Built a functional guard house and gated the property to complete enclosure
4) Income based valuation vs. comps

What was the outcome?

Amazing! Google Cobra Kai Mansion!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Too many to type. Happy to discuss the story on a BP Podcast :)

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I was the agent on both sides. I worked with a securities attorney for the syndication and closing attorneys for the creative closing.

4Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
4y

Wow, nice @Chad Carrodus ! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Very cool. What a nice property! 

    I propose you have a MMA tournament on the property featuring the most popular BP posters and podcasters as the fighters. I put my money on @David Greene

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Wow! What a great idea!

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 382 posts · 258 votes
    4y

    @Chad Carrodus

    Congratulations. I wonder what the plan is for season five

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y

    Wow, nice @Chad Carrodus ! 

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 139 posts · 90 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jonathan G.:

    @Chad Carrodus

    Congratulations. I wonder what the plan is for season five


     Season 6 has already been filmed at the house. If I had to guess, I would say 10 Season run.

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 139 posts · 90 votes
    4y
    Quote from :

    Very cool. What a nice property! 

    I propose you have a MMA tournament on the property featuring the most popular BP posters and podcasters as the fighters. I put my money on @David Greene

     I would welcome and embrace that. 

    @David Greene

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.