New deal purchased in Minnesota

New deal purchased in Minnesota

Investor · Minnesota/Wisconsin/Iowa · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 77 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $390,000

I purchased this single family house in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) to rent out and also hold onto because I really like the neighborhood. The mortgage is $1,600, and I have rented the home for $2,400 a month. I believe I could have rented it for more, but I am happy with the renter. Not a huge cash flow machine, it makes $500/month after setting aside money for property tax and insurance.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Found on Zillow.com, it was an 'Early Listing' and needed to compete with others offers.

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional Loan

1Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Daniel Anshus:

@Timothy W Hanson hey Timothy congrats on getting a property! I’m curious to know why you’re saving for taxes and insurance when your mortgage payment has that included unit


 Not all mortgage payments require using escrow for taxes and insurance.  Non-conventional purchases (CD) also typically require you pay insurance and taxes separately.  

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Nice! What area was this in?!

  • Realtor · Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn) · Member since 2016 · 451 posts · 263 votes
    4y

    @Timothy W Hanson hey Timothy congrats on getting a property! I’m curious to know why you’re saving for taxes and insurance when your mortgage payment has that included unit

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Daniel Anshus:

    @Timothy W Hanson hey Timothy congrats on getting a property! I’m curious to know why you’re saving for taxes and insurance when your mortgage payment has that included unit


     Not all mortgage payments require using escrow for taxes and insurance.  Non-conventional purchases (CD) also typically require you pay insurance and taxes separately.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.