Clarksville TN Duplex Full Gut Rehab

Clarksville TN Duplex Full Gut Rehab

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $55,000
Cash invested: $50,000

This duplex was brought back to life at the expense of my sanity! However, I learned so much and will hopefully make a little money.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I could afford it! And I knew I would learn a lot bringing this one back to life.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Off Market.

How did you finance this deal?

Hard Money. I'm not a big proponent of using hard money, but a bank or regular lender wouldn't touch this thing. I needed to save my on money for the extensive rehab, so I went the hard money route.

How did you add value to the deal?

Forced equity.

What was the outcome?

I learned a lot! Overall, this was a decent deal. Extensive rehabs like this one can be very time consuming for investors who want to save money by taking an active role in the renovation. I'm going to try to stick to properties that need cosmetic renovations as opposed to full gut rehabs. That way all my time and funds aren't tied up in one property.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Bringing a property back to life is super time consuming. Staying on top of contractors and ensuring work is done properly is imperative for investment properties like this.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Myself!

3Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Member since 2018 · 617 posts · 275 votes
    3y

    Congrats on adding to your portfolio!

    Which lender did you use? Many HMLs have loan minimums at 50-100k to my knowledge.

  • Grant SchroederPro Member
    Lender · OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN MT · Member since 2018 · 598 posts · 312 votes
    3y

    Thank you for sharing @Noah Chamberlain!

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael Kinsella:

    Congrats on adding to your portfolio!

    Which lender did you use? Many HMLs have loan minimums at 50-100k to my knowledge.


     Hey Michael! This one was a private money loan. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.