[Calc Review] Looking at getting my first multi family I current rent one unit.

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Colin J Kavanagh So you ran capex and repair budgets and it came to $85 per month for each. Seems low. I use 8% vacancy, 5% repairs and 10% capex. Vacancy of 3% is the same as a turnover every 33 1/3 months. Banks will underwrite at 5%. Just googled interest rates and it showed 6.7% for 30 years term. Go down and look at the 50% rule and it shows you will lose $160 per month.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I have a rate of 5.475, but im gonna change the vacancy levels and a capex percentages 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.