Is there a deal here? (if not, please educate me; I'm new)

Is there a deal here? (if not, please educate me; I'm new)

Real Estate Investor · Edgewood, NM · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 0 votes

I am new (new to this sight and new to investing; haven't done a deal yet) so please educate me if this is a poorly posed question.

Seller seems motivated (attempted to contact me at *least* once a day for a week now-I was ignoring because the $500k asking price was too high for my model). She has two homes and needs to sell one before a balloon payment comes due.

The home is in a resort area that is commuting distance from Albuquerque NM.

I don't have any idea how to do comp: The home is a work of art, it was an architects master's thesis project in the 70s (even has Van Gogh's, "Starry Night" painted on a wall). I am traveling so have not seen in the house, but the pictures look good. Zillow's z-estimate is $457k.

Sellers owe $464k, so according to zillow they are slightly under water.

Is this a lease option only deal? It seems high for my area to me, but is there a bigger market for high end buyers that might consider this?

Is there some other creative method that I am not aware of?

What other questions should I be asking?

Thanks,

Shawn

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard @Shawn Young

    Low Equity Deals or a little bit underwater houses, if you are acquiring to keep, shoud be Sub2 (Subject to existing financing), now you have the deed.

    NM has a CFD, but sub2 is the best.

    Then you can rent it out or lease option.

    Or you could lease option from the seller then assign the contract or sandwich lease option and stay in the deal.

    I hope these ideas assist you.

    @Bill Gulley might want to comment.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.