Bought, rented, and sold Single Family Home.

Bought, rented, and sold Single Family Home.

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $535,000
Cash invested: $30,000
Sale price: $665,000

This large, 5-year-old colonial features 6 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and a 2-car garage. Located in a new community close to all of the area's major commuting routes, the home boasts hardwood flooring on the main level and a large kitchen that opens into a family room with a gas fireplace.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8112-Ridgely-Loop-Severn-MD-21144/121171579_zpid/?mmlb=g,0

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Bought the house as new construction with a primary residence loan, and added a few improvements (cosmetic and convenience), then moved out, rented it for 2 years and then sold it.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Walked into the builder's sales office. Did a no-agent deal to get a discount on the sales price.

How did you finance this deal?

Primary residence mortgage

How did you add value to the deal?

Added convenient technology (smart home features + security camera system + wired networking)

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I should have held on to the property.

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devin JamesPro Member
    Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes
    3y

    Congrats Claudio Sanchez! Important lesson! The regrets I hear the most from seasoned investors are 1) I wish I never sold & 2) I wish I bought more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.