How do you find the lender on a vacant property?

How do you find the lender on a vacant property?

Investor · Spring, TX · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 26 votes

Is there any way to find the lender on a property? I cam across a vacant property and I have been unable to find the owners. The neighbors tell me that the bank took it but they cannot tell which bank it is. Is there anyway I can find out which bank the property belongs to. I would rather do this sooner than later before it is too late.

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    Look at the county records of where the subject property is located. The public records of who has the deed / title and who pays the taxes on the property will give you the answer. There has to be a website. Google the ??? county tax...

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 187 posts · 111 votes
    12y

    @Ronnie Sparrow

    Try this MERS . This is the Mortgage Electronic Registration System, a great deal, but not all mortgages are registered here. You will have to register to use the system, but it is free.

    Once you get set up, use this link MERS-ServiceID

    This is a good one too and doesn't cost a whole lot Courthouse Direct

    Brightest Blessings!

  • Investor · Spring, TX · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 26 votes
    12y

    Eliza,

    Thank you that's exactly what I'm looking for. I knew about Courthouse Direct but I forgot all about it. Thanks for the info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.