MTR by the room

MTR by the room

Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $358,000
Cash invested: $17,000

4bed/3bath - rent by the room with a MTR strategy.

1Reply
27 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 58 votes
    3y

    Interesting @Urpi Arriola 

    I haven't heard of anyone running a rent by the room MTR strategy. How are you structuring that up front and are these folks possibly from the same company, group, etc.? 

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Hi Aaron, 

    The house is 4 bed so it made sense to try it. Each door has a digital lock, along with the front door. I list it in airbnb and Furnished Finders, if they reserve from Airbnb all the instructions are given to them through Airbnb. If have inquiry from Furnished Finder, I have an email ready to send them with next steps, usually with background check and information to send deposit, first months rent, etc. and once they agree, i'll send them the door codes. Most of the people from Airbnb actually stay a few months at a time, I have monthly rates to encourage people stay for a month. Been working out great so far :) this is in OKC and I have one in Fresno, CA. OKC is performing a lot better. 

  • Travis BeckBusiness Member
    Fresno, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 16 votes
    3y

    I’d be interested in knowing where your property is in Fresno and what you’re getting for monthly rates on MTR by the room? I’m local there and have MTRs but not by the room 

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 58 votes
    3y

    Good for you @Urpi Arriola! Rather than asking "how do I make my property work for me/cashflow?" you just found a way. 

    Congrats on your ingenuity!  

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    @Account Closed i dont sign here too much!! but thank you! :) 

    @Travis Beck so sorry for the late LATE response, the house is located at Cedar and Nees, i try to charge around $850, $900, $1000, $1200 per month. The last two have their own bathroom. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.