Hello My BP Family!!! MY First Rental Property!!

Hello My BP Family!!! MY First Rental Property!!

Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes

My property was on the rental market for one week. I'm ready for the next one. I don't think I'm a newbie anymore.. I Love This Business!!!

2Reply
35 views

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · State College, PA · Member since 2013 · 287 posts · 99 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q. Congrats on the property. It looks great. You mind sharing the numbers?

    I started investing in 2012 and distinctly remember my first purchase (thought I was going to puke), then when it was rented (thought I had won the lottery) then after about 2 months of collecting rent, remember wanting to ride that rollercoaster again.

    Good luck!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Andre Q.

    Congrats do it again.

    Paul

  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Congratulations! The place looks great.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @ Liam Goble

    Thanks Liam! The rent is $1,195 a month. I have a Property Management team that take 10%.. The house is paid for.. Taxes $1,640 a year.. Insurance $54 a month. I know that feeling (lottery). My goal is to move to the next one, because i love to turn nothing into something and that's what happen here..

    @ Paul Timmins

    Thanks Paul! I will.. I enjoyed making this house a home again..

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @ Brian L

    Thanks Brian! I hope to get better in time..

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    That looks great man! I'm also in Baltimore, would you mind sharing how much this home cost and what part of town its in?

  • Chris K.Pro Member
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Andre Q.:
    because i love to turn nothing into something and that's what happen here..

    C'mon man you can't tell us this and not give us the full story! Congrats on getting the first one under your belt but I wanna hear the details. We know it rented in a week...now tell us everything that happened before that ;)

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Great house. Congratz.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @ Benjamin C.

    Thanks Benjamin! The house is in norfolk,Va.. I inherited the property. I just had to bring it back to life. It's worth $150K.. It's good to see another person from B-More on this site.

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q.,

    To make the @ work, do the following:

    Hold down the shift key and type @?

    Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.

    Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.

    If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.

    Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.

    Raymond

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @ Chris K

    Thanks Chris! I will make this short for you.. Four years ago my aunt gave me a property as a gift. I let family live there and they took total advantage of me. Every month was a new story. When i came to my senses (3 years later) the house needed everything. Hvac system, Water heater, Fence, Flooring, Carpet cleaning, redoing bathrooms, painting and also cutting some trees in the yard. I had a contractor meet me there on the weekend to replace or fix the things i need help in (took four months). When i was ten my father had us working around the house so i was not afraid to get my hands dirty. I took the things in the property to goodwill.. It was a great experience and i'm looking to do it again and again.. I hope this help you out Chris. I feel like this is my calling.. I have a Property Management team dealing with it now so hopefully i get a better result..

    @ Jerry W

    Thanks Jerry!

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Raymond B.

    Thanks Raymond! You learn something new every day.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    @Andre Q. I knew the property was not in Baltimore CIty. Now way the taxes would be that low.

    It's good to see another person from B-More on this site.

    There are a ton of people here from Baltimore. Congrats on the deal.

  • Landlord · Summerville, SC · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q.

    Looks like you did a great job on the rehab, Andre! Nice work. I'd love to see some "before" pictures...

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Ned Carey

    Thanks Ned! Right, B-More taxes Suck.. I see and I'm happy to be apart of this site..

    @Jack Collins

    Thanks Jack! I didn't think to take too many before pictures (Newbie stage), but I will make sure the next project have before and after pictures. I have some before pictures but they are in a old phone that i don't have anymore. Everything will be save to the computer next go around

  • Landlord · Summerville, SC · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q.

    Did you accomplish any repairs to the "bones" of the house (plumbing, electrical, structural, etc.), or was this a generally cosmetic rehab project?

  • Rental Property Investor · Lawton, OK · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q.

    Congrats on finishing the first one. It looks great! Now go get the next one and keep us updated on your progress.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Jack Collins

    We did some sheetrock work. I replace the main bathroom toilet and sink. I also replace the kitchen and bathroom floor tiles because of cracking and not being level right. The Kitchen sink had a leak on the strainer side but i went to youtube and the guy used plumer putty to seal it. I did the same and got the same result (I might be a plumer).. My contractor did a little electrical work with running some new wires outside from the fuse box. It look easy but I'm not ready for that yet. If it's something i can't do i will pay someone to get it done for me ( Contractor has 25 years of experience).. He also fix the hvac system and replace the water heater.. The house sit on a concrete slab and it don't have any structural issues right now.. The rest was to make the house beautiful again..

    @Michael Patterson

    Thanks Michael!! That's what i will do..

    Everyone that had something positive to say (Thanks Again!!). This is motivating me to want more..

  • Flipper · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 349 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    Nicely done @Andre Q. . Thanks for sharing and good luck on your next one.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Jimmy Hong

    Thanks Jimmy!

  • Wholesaler · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Congrads Brian!

  • Real Estate Investor · Madison Heights, MI · Member since 2014 · 693 posts · 216 votes
    12y

    I like the fact of having a washer and dryer in the house. People love to see that.

    Many times you see where they could go but no washer and dryer. I think that helps to keep renters longer when you supply them with washer/dryer/dishwasher

    Job well done

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Robert Johnson

    Is the Congrads for Brian or me?

    @Scott K.

    Thanks Scott! I hope thats the case because I will give the people what I would want from a landlord.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    @Andre Q. love to see this, good work and wishing you the best of luck getting your next property under your belt ! I can't wait to get my first one under my belt.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Ceasar Blackman

    Thanks Ceasar! I been to orlando twice with the family. We stayed at the Emerald Island Resort Gated Community. I love it down there. I would love to get a property there and rented to the vacation disney folk. We paid $2,000 for a seven bedroom house with a pool for the week. I think that's Kissimmee, florida.. I will keep you in mind if i ever come south to buy a property for business. You will get your first just keep at it..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.