contract of sale real estate

contract of sale real estate

South Amboy, NJ · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 2 votes

I put in an offer to purchase a home. The realtor sent me back a contract of sale to sign. The seller will, of course, still need to agree on the offer. My question is, when does the attorney review period start? Is it when I get the contract back signed by the seller? I'm not sure if I need to have an attorney look over the contract now or I can wait for the signed contract. Thanks.

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 701 posts · 159 votes
    12y

    The contract sent by your agent is a contract form approved by your state and will be the same form used on every residential sale. If you are not familiar with the form your agent should be able to walk you through it.

    Some sellers will develop their own form or have it written by their attorney. When that happens you need to have your attorney review it.

    Good Luck.

    Bill

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.