First BRRRR Investment (Out of State)

First BRRRR Investment (Out of State)

Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $32,500
Cash invested: $19,000
Sale price: $147,000

This is an off market property. The home had fire damage downstairs.

Purchase price: $32,500
Rehab: $45,000
ARV: $147,000
I had a hard money lender fund the rehab and part of the downpayment. Once the fee's were in place I paid out of pocket 19k. Once the property is rehabbed I will do a DCSR Loan at 70%. Total after the 70% is $102.900 that I will recieve. I will then pay the hard money lender off and get my initial downpayment back and leave 47k in sitting equity.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I read the BRRRR book and became facinated with finding my nitch with the amount of capital i currently had.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this deal on a website and negotiated with the Wholesaler.

How did you finance this deal?

Hard Money

How did you add value to the deal?

Rehabbing

Lessons learned? Challenges?

- Negotiate smaller, then scale.
- Be more confident when asking questions.

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 52 posts · 43 votes
    2y

    Nice work. The real key there was the margin of safety between what you paid and the ARV. You didn't go into a skinny deal hoping things would magicaly work out somehow. Congrats.

    Someone sould sticky this post for people to keep in mind that a skinny deal isn't a deal. 

  • Member since 2023 · 303 posts · 324 votes
    2y

    This is exactly how a BRRRR should go- very nice work here.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.