Deal advise - recast in future for cash flow?

Deal advise - recast in future for cash flow?

Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes

Hey everyone,

I am under contract on a sfh property in the Cleveland area. I spent a bunch of time looking and running numbers before this, and I happened to be in the area the day this listed.

It’s a 3 bed, 2.5 bath 2000 sf home with a basement that is mostly finished but needs An egress window to become a 4 bed.

Everything looked good and I moved fast and got under contract at 250k. At the moment, it seemed like a 270k home and becoming a 4 bed, would be a 300k home.

My issue is figuring out how to cash flow it.

It’s hard to get accurate numbers with Cleveland properties ranging in quality. I secured a 250k physician loan (no money down) at 7%, which brings payments to 1707/month, and 1887 with insurance and taxes.

My agents comps showed the home being 260k-300k, and they were confident rent could be over 2400.

What should I do for cash flowing this in the future? Is saving money and recasting 30 or 40k to bring payment down to 1300-1400 worth it? The cash flow numbers are tight at 7%.

Thanks!

1Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2023 · 362 posts · 237 votes
    2y

    Eventually the rent will go up and you will cash flow. Fow now you need to chip in a few hundred a month which isn't the worst thing considering you put 0 down. Most people are happy to cash flow when they put 20% down.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Thanks for the reply! In hindsight I agree. 

    Do you know if Cleveland Heights code will allow for a bedroom in basement with an egress added?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.