Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi everyone, a close friend and I are partnering up to get into real estate investing. I work in property management software so I often talk to property managers and investors across the country about their strategies and experience with investing in their areas.... but for our first (few) investment properties, we'd like to stay within driving distance (currently live in Quincy, MA).
We've come to realize that the Boston market is too tough and the numbers don't make sense (to even house hack), so just recently, we decided to hone in on Plymouth, MA... with the idea that it could be a good tertiary market to do furnished rentals (thinking short-term/AirBnB in the summer, and mid-term in the offseasons). We are very familiar with the area and have friends who live in the town, though we'd love to connect with anyone who has any experience or opinions on investing in this market... or experience doing furnished rentals in locations where there are peak seasons and offseasons. Any insight is appreciated!
Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
2y
@Tim McCarthy if you are thinking mid term in mass you need to look at commute. Mass General Brigham and Longwood seem like more popular destinations. If you want a feel for demand in Boston area there is a FB group boston travel nurses/health professionals. There are outlying hospitals that also recruit but I don't look at posts for Plymouth because I only have one unit for this type of tenant and its not in that area. There will always be a short term need but for health professionals hospitals are trying to shift to local staff.