Advice Needed: Seller's Counter Offer Raises Concerns - LTV, Inspection Timing.

Advice Needed: Seller's Counter Offer Raises Concerns - LTV, Inspection Timing.

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2024 · 20 posts · 5 votes

Hello fellow homebuyers,

I recently made an offer on a house with an inspection contingency covering the roof, foundation, electrical, plumbing, backyard fencing, and pest infestation. The house is already occupied by a tenant and is on lease until April next year. The seller has countered with the following conditions:

  1. - Loan to value (LTV): 80%
  2. - Earnest money held by seller's recommended property management company
  3. - Final inspection within 1 day of closing
  4. - Commission paid by to buyer's agent is 2% of final sales price.

I'm seeking advice on how to proceed, as I have some concerns:

  1. - Why would the seller request an 80% LTV? What benefit does this provide them?
  2. - Does the "final inspection within 1 day of closing" replace my initial inspection contingency? If so, this seems risky as it leaves little time to address any issues?
  3. - Could the seller be trying to hide potential major issues in the house by leaving no room for inspection results or could it be just ensuring not to disturb the tenant?
  4. - Is it normal for the seller to specify the buyer's agent commission? What
  5. - Should I be concerned about the earnest money being held by the seller's recommended company?

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I'm not overlooking any potential risks or unusual requests in this counter offer.


Thank you in advance for your help!

0Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abhishek AgarwalPro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2024 · 20 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Thanks Bob. I will check with the seller whether they are getting confused with seller financing aspect. I do not plan seller financing on this so it should not concern them whether its 80% LTV or not. I am going to challenge them on emd request with a property management company. In my previous deal, there was an escrow company that help the emd.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.