[Calc Review] Help me analyze this Brrrr deal

[Calc Review] Help me analyze this Brrrr deal

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

HI Friends,

I'm a newbie to brrrr'ing and investing. What am I not seeing here - how are my monthly expenses over 10K? Something is wrong and I'm not seeing where I made an error....grateful for any help! Trying to make a lowball offer on a bank owned duplex. Also I am probably lowballing the arv - if I was to flip the property it would be valued at $500k - I've just been playing a bit with that number. 

Thanks for any tips!

Nina

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • William WhitleyBusiness Member
    Accountant · TN · Member since 2025 · 144 posts · 91 votes
    1y

    Good evening, Nina,

    If I am reading the report correctly, you are estimating monthly expenses for repairs at $11,000 per month, which indicates 250% of monthly income. Annualized, that $132,000 per year in repairs, plus other expenses. That’s likely what is throwing off your numbers significantly.

    Renovation costs following a purchase are typically classified as capital expenditures that adjust your basis for a property that is purchased as a long term rental property. Repairs on the other hand are typically operating costs that are for normal repairs associated with rental properties. 

    I hope that helps. 

    Accountable Balance Bookkeeping, LLC
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Nina Werman:

    View report

    *This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

    HI Friends,

    I'm a newbie to brrrr'ing and investing. What am I not seeing here - how are my monthly expenses over 10K? Something is wrong and I'm not seeing where I made an error....grateful for any help! Trying to make a lowball offer on a bank owned duplex. Also I am probably lowballing the arv - if I was to flip the property it would be valued at $500k - I've just been playing a bit with that number. 

    Thanks for any tips!

    Nina

    Hi @Nina Werman, welcome to the BP Forum! I concur with @William Whitley's comments about the repair expenses. I typically see these (especially if the property is rehabbed) at around 5% per month. I also looked at your insurance, which seems low. The taxes at 18% seem high, but that could just be New York.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.