Residential Real Estate Broker · Graham, WA · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 17 votes
Property is zoned R10. Development is about 20 blocks away but moving quickly. Sub zoning allows for a feed store, RV park, Campground. Home built in 1900 completely remodeled and listed for sale. List price is currently $1,149,000.00. I started at $1,250,000. Reduced price $100k in 30 days. Been on market 60 days and no showings or calls. I am baffled. I need some help with ideas on what to do with the property or how to find the right buyer/investor. The zoning is not far off in the future. If I could wait that would be ideal but I need to sell it now. Currently on Airbnb and renting consistently throughout the month. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Property Manager · Michigan Ctr, MI · Member since 2016 · 661 posts · 581 votes
10mo
Hey Shoshawna — that’s definitely a tough spot, but it sounds like you’ve got a lot of potential with this one. Six acres in a fast-developing area plus an income-producing remodeled house should be getting some bites, so if you’re not seeing showings after two months, it’s probably less about the property and more about how it’s being marketed and who it’s reaching.
Here’s what I’d look at:
1. Reframe the listing for the right audience.
Right now, your price point and zoning potential mean your buyer likely isn’t a typical homeowner — it’s an investor, developer, or business owner who sees future value. But those buyers don't always search on MLS like retail buyers do. You might want to rework your listing headline and description to highlight phrases like “future development corridor,” “R10 zoning — RV park/campground potential,” or “income-producing transitional property.” Basically, speak the language of the people who think in cash flow and zoning timelines.
2. Market outside the MLS bubble.
Try posting on LoopNet, Crexi, and Land.com, since investors and commercial agents often browse there for transitional properties. You could even email it directly to local builders, campground owners, or small developers — you’d be surprised how often those kinds of personal outreach efforts land the right buyer.
3. Use the Airbnb income to your advantage.
If it’s booking steadily, make sure that’s front and center — actual numbers, not just “rents well.” Something like: “Averaging $4,500/month on Airbnb with room to expand.” You’re not just selling dirt — you’re selling cash flow and time until the zoning changes.
4. Consider creative buyer options.
You could open the door to seller financing or a lease-option purchase, especially for an investor who wants to control the land now but wait on zoning before a full build-out. That can make the price tag easier to swallow and widen your buyer pool fast.
You’re doing the right thing by reaching out — this is one of those listings that needs the right eyes, not necessarily a lower price. You’ve already adjusted once; now it’s about shifting your message and where it’s being seen. Shoshawna, I really hope this helps you a bit, I sent you a DM on BP... it's one of the reasons I do this, I hope you can assist. Thank you in advance.
Real Estate Consultant · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 661 posts · 389 votes
10mo
Hi Shoshawna, You may want to consider getting a no-cost estimate of what an owner could receive in tax benefits with the 100% bonus depreciation that is available for purchases now and going forward. This could increase interest in the property. Let me know if I can be of help.