NEED a Really Simple SFH/Multi fam Deal Analysis Spreadsheet

NEED a Really Simple SFH/Multi fam Deal Analysis Spreadsheet

New to Real Estate · South East US/New Jersey · Member since 2024 · 23 posts · 10 votes

I'm a 22-year-old real estate investor and I'm looking to improve the way I analyze potential deals. If anyone is willing to share an Excel model or deal-analysis spreadsheet they use to underwrite SFH opportunities, I'd really appreciate it. The simpler the better!!!

0Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
10mo

Yes, use the BP calculators. 


My tip: If you play around with a hypothetical $1 million rental property and change one parameter at a time and then see how it influences long term results over 20, 30 years, you will develop a intuitive feeling for how deals work.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    10mo

    I'm right there with you Jordan! I had ChatGPT make up a little excel model. It's nothing fancy just calculated all the basic categories. I definitely am looking for a better manageable sheet. 

  • Jimmy MozingoPro Member
    Investor · Eastern Shore of Virginia · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 12 votes
    10mo

    Bigger pockets has some excellent calculators.However you have to signup for the pro level. Which if you consider all the perks and benefits the Pro membership gives you, it;s really a slam dunk. Their calculators are easy to use, comprehensive and cover every aspect of any deal you are analyzing. I use them religiously and every single investment I have was ran through the calculators. I strongly recommend becoming a BP Pro! It’s a great investment in you and your deal making. 

  • Jimmy MozingoPro Member
    Investor · Eastern Shore of Virginia · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 12 votes
    10mo

    Bigger pockets has some excellent calculators.However you have to signup for the pro level. Which if you consider all the perks and benefits the Pro membership gives you, it;s really a slam dunk. Their calculators are easy to use, comprehensive and cover every aspect of any deal you are analyzing. I use them religiously and every single investment I have was ran through the calculators. I strongly recommend becoming a BP Pro! It’s a great investment in you and your deal making. 

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    10mo

    Yes, use the BP calculators. 


    My tip: If you play around with a hypothetical $1 million rental property and change one parameter at a time and then see how it influences long term results over 20, 30 years, you will develop a intuitive feeling for how deals work.

  • Investor · Lansing, MI · Member since 2021 · 55 posts · 22 votes
    9mo

    I have a few tools, feel free to reach out! I much prefer Excel models over the BP ones, but they each have pros and cons. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.