wanted to share a quick analysis of a duplex in Houston for educational purposes:
Property Snapshot (public info):
2 units, 2/1 each → total 4/2
Price: $79K (cash only)
Rent: One unit $650/month, other unit could be rented with minimal work
Estimated NOI: $10,600–$13,900/year
Cap Rate: ~13–16% potential
⚠️ Property is currently under contract — this is my analysis / perspective based on public information.
Question for the community:
Would you pursue a duplex like this as a buy-and-hold or value-add?
Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 1 vote
6mo
Solid breakdown... I like how you’re thinking about both cash flow and value-add.
A couple things I’d personally dig into a little more:
– How realistic that $1k NOI bump is after repairs (easy to overestimate)
– What your all-in cost looks like after any needed work + reserves
– Exit strategy... are you planning to hold long term or improve and refi/sell?
On paper it looks interesting, especially at that price point, but I’d want to be really confident in the rent upside and condition before moving forward.
Curious, what’s your plan if rents don’t hit that $650 on the second unit?