Rental Property For Sale (buy proposal input needed)

Rental Property For Sale (buy proposal input needed)

Dayton, OH · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 23 votes

Hi,

I have three rental properties and my home. Pretty much fell into being a landlord (bought a house to live in, friend was selling his FSBO it was nicer I bought that and moved in, repeat a couple more times).

Given that I'm not a "dealer" of real estate - never really did anything besides smartly shop for personal mortgages and refi when appropriate. 

I do want to purchase one more rental and a co-worker has told me that they have a rental they want to get rid of.  Here is what I know: 

Zillow values it at 36K; 

Zillow recent neighborhood sale amounts validate the 36K. 

The place is in good shape.

They have a first mortgage on the property for about 88K.

They have a second for about 11K.

They were charging $700 per month in rent ( tenant just moved out).

They are planning on contacting a Realtor to sell the place.

They seem motivated to sell - fed up with it - want it out of their hair.  Obviously very upside down.  

I'm certainly not going to assume any mortgages or do anything where I'm paying more than the 36K + or - so my question is does anyone have any creative ideas on what type of proposal I could bring them besides I'll pay you 36K?   Maybe there isn't anything else - just curious for some input.  As I said I haven't really done any deals.

I have a couple goals... 1) want income 2) want it paid off as soon as possible

Thanks

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 407 posts · 180 votes
    11y

    Only option I can think of is working a short sale. They are very time consuming and are by no means easy to pull off. Type in short sale in the search bar at the top right of your screen and enjoy all the free information you need to possibly make this deal work (:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.