Real Estate Consultant · Wittenberg, WI · Member since 2014 · 572 posts · 572 votes
Hey everyone at BP!
I thought it might be inspirational to some members to see that you don't always need a lot of marketing dollars to score big.
I really have been pleasantly surprised by a lead that came from my Craigslist ads that has developed into a huge deal.
I have a family that was losing there farm to foreclosure who contacted me asking if I could buy there farm and allow them to stay there. When I asked them what put them into financial distress, they explained that 2 of there children have severe medical problems and the bills just piled up on them. I really didn't think that I could get involved, until they informed me of the MILLIONS of yards of sand that lies under their farm fields.
Due to some Government Ag programs that they were enrolled in, the family is prohibited from selling minerals off of this land............I however am NOT!
We have structured a mutually beneficial deal that will preserve their family's farm for their kids and I will profit close to 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!
Investor · Flint, MI · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 58 votes
11y
Derek,
Although this is a great story and thank you for sharing, nothing is for free. I would hope you don't count your chickens before they hatch. In addition, be humbled by the opportunity that you have been rewarded.
All the best to you and the family you are helping.
Real Estate Consultant · Wittenberg, WI · Member since 2014 · 572 posts · 572 votes
11y
I agree 100% Jim. I do a lot of other marketing as well as the free options. What I'm really trying to do here is inspire the people out there that think they can't get started or grow their business due to lack of money.