Best Money makers. Renting? or Flipping? is flipping getting harder?

Best Money makers. Renting? or Flipping? is flipping getting harder?

Punta Gorda, FL · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 0 votes

I guess the old question . which is the better money maker? 

Renting

rehabbing  and selling

flipping .. (minor to no rehabbing) 

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · Yona, Guam · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Flipping can get you money. Holding leads to wealth, in my simple opinion. If you are only flipping then you have to keep flipping. Both can make money. it depends on what you want. I like to see my income produced from assets grow. So I hold more now than I used to. 

    Check out the recent blog article on staying the course. The author talks about selling to make a chunk vs having 25k a month in income later. Its a good example.

  • Guy with Great Hair · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Depends on your time line. Flipping is more money in a shorter time span but over the long term renting will always be more profitable. Also, it always depends on the deal. 

    I used to really like the idea of flipping but I'm less excited about it these days. 

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    11y

    it all works and you can make good money doing any of it.

    YOU have to decide what YOU want.  Do you want to run a business?  Do you want passive income?  Do you just want to do a few deals a year?

    There is no right answer for your question, you really need to determine your goals and pick the one that will help you achieve that goal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.