Evaluate Max Offer Price for new-ish house that needs virtually no work in Phoenix, AZ.

Evaluate Max Offer Price for new-ish house that needs virtually no work in Phoenix, AZ.

Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP Community!

I have a motivated seller with a rental property in Phoenix, Arizona, Laveen specifically, who is an absentee owner from Idaho. He is getting older and interested in cashing out. 

I am interested in wholesaling this house and here are some of the stats on it.

4 Bed

2 Bath

2112 sqft

6,400sqft lot

Built 2003

Rent is estimated at $1150/month

Comps or ARV for neighborhood is 180,000.

Owner owes 102k

Wishing for 160k, but knows he won't get that much from me. 

Phoenix is a rather competitive market with a small lack of inventory currently, says my realtor.

Since this house is in great shape, it doesn't have the opportunity to be fixed up for some forced appreciation and profit like your typical wholesale/flip deal, it's probably best suited for a buy and hold investor. 

What should my max offer be? Any creative solutions rather than simply wholesalling to fit this specific deal?

Thank you all for your advice!

Billy Bell

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2011 · 509 posts · 134 votes
    11y

    In Phoenix, I would use the following equation:

    Offer = (ARV * 0.8) - Profit


    Assuming house needs zero rehab

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    11y

    @Billy Bell

     I can help you with the offer if you need it.  just shoot me an email or PM.  I can also tell you what I would pay for it and anything under you can keep.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.