A small direct marketing success, but not quite yet

A small direct marketing success, but not quite yet

Accountant · NJ · Member since 2015 · 210 posts · 167 votes

I am buy and hold investor who usually acquires through wholesalers, MLS and auction in Philadelphia. I never pursued direct marketing due to time constraints and probably the biggest factor, not joining bigger pockets earlier!! I have recently identified a target property which I was interested in as a buy and hold investment and own a property near my target. My initial thought was to have a wholesaler help me acquire, but I was introduced to a skip trace website, from a BP member in my network. I paid $9.97 for a skip trace search. The search provided a few phone numbers and a few addresses and after a few minutes of trial and error I was able to connect with the seller on the phone!! While I am hopeful, I am still a long way from settlement or even an agreement of sale for that matter. However, I see the process as a success because BP and my network has helped me open my mind and pursue other aspects of real estate I previously had very little knowledge of. Thanks to BP and my network when I see a property I like, I no longer have to wait for a wholesaler, for it to hit the MLS or wait for it to go to auction, I now know how to pursue it!!

1Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Marcos, TX · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    That is great news, man! Congrats on gaining the knowledge and lead :)  Best advice is to keep at it and be patient as it can take time for deals to convert - especially if you are reaching out to them and asking if they want to sell and they weren't already in the market to sell.  I have personally worked on some DM leads for over a year before getting a contract signed and others just weeks.

    Curious, what is this skip trace search?

  • Accountant · NJ · Member since 2015 · 210 posts · 167 votes
    11y

    It is findtheseller.com is there a search that you use that you would recommend?

  • Real Estate Investor · Littleton, CO · Member since 2013 · 197 posts · 77 votes
    11y

    @Irfan Raza

    Congrats!  Celebrate the small successes, we need to do that!

    How many rentals do you have?  What is your goal?

  • Accountant · NJ · Member since 2015 · 210 posts · 167 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Tony SanFilippo:

    @Irfan Raza

    Congrats!  Celebrate the small successes, we need to do that!

    How many rentals do you have?  What is your goal?

    @Tony sanfilippo I have about 20 units with a partner and am now building my own portfolio. After a slow start I should have 5+ being fully rented at year end. I use the BRRRR method so I am looking to own 30 units by 30 years old which is fast approaching, 8 months to go. And 100 units by 35, after reaching both I will reevaluate.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.