First flip $70k PROFIT!!!

First flip $70k PROFIT!!!

Investor · Highland Lakes, NJ · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 17 votes

I did this flip a while ago but never posted anything because it felt like bragging. However I find myself reading and enjoying, and learning from other members posts almost on a daily basis so I figured this is my chance to give back! Ill give some basics on the transaction and show some pictures. I hope this helps anyone who is afraid of getting started but has a passion for real estate success. The home was listed just under $60k REO for a while, then it dropped a little and I finally made an offer of $20k. After some back and forth I got it for $40k. It was listed as a 2BR 1bath 850 square feet I think. The sq ft was just the upstairs as there was a large rec room and a bonus room downstairs that added a lot of square footage. After acquisition and closing costs, renovation, holding costs, loan costs (cash out refi because I was planning on renting it) I was in it for about $115k. I sold it my self with no realtors involved for $190k giving the buyers $5k at closing. The home took quite a bit of work both inside and out. Close to close was about 9 months. There was A LOT of ups and downs but all said and done it was definitely worth it. I just closed on my second investment property last week and contractors are getting lined up to get started renovation. Below are some pics-enjoy!

       
7Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Gino BarbaroPro Member
Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Theodore Renka@Jake Stenziano

Great Job.  More of these success stories have to be heard to shoot down the naysayers that say "it can't be done." You are living proof what hard work and taking massive action leads to.

Now it's time for an encore to keep the momentum going.  Good luck on  the next one.

Congrats! 

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Highland Lakes, NJ · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    hi malick,

       I'd rather not put the town on blast but most of the issues I had was failing the certificate of occupancy over and over again.  Instead of giving me the issues once, every time they came back they found new ones which extended the process about three months.

  • Investor · Highland Lakes, NJ · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    thanks Adam, will do!

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Theodore Renka, congrats. How did you come up with the rehab money (sorry if I missed that) aside from Home Depot financing the roof and siding?

  • Investor · Highland Lakes, NJ · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Ben, this was a long time ago but I remember the broad strokes.  I had lines of credit from local credit unions that I could write checks off of.  I also had credit cards that had a 'direct deposit' option meaning I could take available credit and deposit it into my checking account.  I had to pay a 3% fee upfront and had 0% for about a year.  I also had my own money I had saved and money from my 9-5 paychecks as they came in.  I hope this helps.   

  • Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Theodore Renka. Good job! That is amazing!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.